1000Km-621 mile club

WOW - this year is flying by!! (Read 6 times)

How is everyone doing?  Running goals?  Injuries?

I have been really focused on my marathon training and have not been checking in as much as I should.  SORRY!!

Sound off....how is everyone doing?  We have one person who has crossed the finish line.....  Where is everyone else on their goals?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Hi. Always great to hear from you Smile

Yes, you're right, it is flying by! New Year's Eve seems like yesterday, but here we are, almost turning to the 2nd half of 2015.

Well, I ended 2014 with a serious hamstring injury. It all developed and came to a literally painful conclusion in those last days of December. This forced me to completely stop training for 2 to 3 weeks, while applying the RICE recipe - rest, ice, compressions and elevations. After that, a very, very slow and careful return - only 13 km in the following 2 weeks of January, only 31 km in February.

Things seem to be much better now.

I'm still very cautious about it - can't say for sure that I'm 100% recovered from injury (a few small signs make me suspicious...). In any case, the rest and the sensible returning process have pretty much done their job - and the progress I've made in this last month is, no doubt, an excellent tonic for the weeks to come.

Wish everything's ok with you and your family -- and with everyone else on the group, as well.

Have a fine weekend!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Pretty happy with where I am. I'm spending a few weeks at my current mileage before I bump it up in June. I'm working on trying to vary my pace more run to run and getting stronger with some supplementary exercise. In June I will start formal half training so I guess I should start thinking what I want to do for that. Smile

Be strong, folks!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.