1000Km-621 mile club

Hello....is there an echo in here? (Read 430 times)

We've been quiet..way to quiet....how's everyone doing? Are you injuried, running, cross training? Anything special coming up? Races? babies? weddings? moving? Anything? :-) I'm looking forward to the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in April and want to get a 1/2 marathon maybe two this year. I'm hoping I can stay off the injuried list this year.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'm new here - and hoping to make this goal this year. I was injury plagued last year, but seem to have figured out the right shoes to wear, so I'm back to running 3 days a week and following a half marathon training plan. No races planned - just a way to build mileage. I hope to be able to add a 4th day at some point this year, but I am proceeding very cautiously.
      Jill_B

I fly.

I'm still here, but I'm thinking of moving on... I know I'll hit 621 (Big grin) This year, so I'm (fingers crossed) going to try to hit 2000 K... It's my goal every year and so far it hasn't happened, but maybe '09 is my year.

Bring it on.

Hello-I was in this group last year just didn't post. I ran 421m last year. I was disappointed that I didn't get the 1000K but had about 3 months I didn't run much. Just lots going on last year. I hope to hit the 1000K this year and work towards 1000m. I'm ahead of the bunny & hope to stay there. Last year I had problems with my achilles. I think I tried to increase mileage to quickly. I'm trying to increase slowly this year. My goal is to run a 10K. I'm really slow but run mostly for my health. Of course, I'm always really happy if I improve on my PR. I post a lot on the Back of the Packers forum but will post more here this year. Have a good evening! Vicki

Maggie & Molly

I'm around too - I don't have any huge goals but if I can keep my running going (with my 'long run' gettting back up to 6 - 8 ) then I want to run the Father's Day 10K in my town. I did the 5K version of it but really want to to the full race.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Wingz

Professional Noob

Nope. Not here. Big grin Been busy moving. New job starts next week! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Glad see that there is NOT an echo in here! Jan, nice to see you in our little group. Smile Quite a few of us were/are injuried and working our way back. This is a good place to stay motivated. Jill, you are welcome to hang around even though you are working on the 1,000 mile goal. That's the goal I had hoped to reach myself until I injuried myself in May. If you do move on we will miss you. I think 2009 is going to be a great year for many of us!! Vicki , *waves* I've seen you around in LLR. Big grin You'll get to that 10K this year. That is what I've been working toward but somehow my goal has been changed to a 10 miler. I'm a bit nervious about that! Janell, triathlete-in-training........how's the move going? How exciting! Keep us updated...... Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

i'm still around, waiting to schedule surgery. My running goal this year is to run one mile. We shall see...
                    Hi Gayle, Wow 10 miles. Good for you! Ikers-Is your surgery due to a running injury? Take care... I'm going to the doctor next week to see about having surgery on my thumb. I have Basal Joint Arthritis. They take a tendon from my wrist or arm & replace the joint. Sounds kind of scary but I'm tired of my thumb hurting all of the time. Cortisone shots only last 3 months & the last one only about 1 1/2 months. They will only give me 3 shots a year. I'm hoping it won't mess up my running. I'm thinking maybe I won't be able to run for a few days. They either put a splint on it or a cast for 3-6 weeks. I was thinking a cast so I won't accidentaly bump it but I'm thinking a cast could get pretty stinky & uncomfortable from sweat. Have any of you had a cast on your arm or hand & still run? I ran 3 miles on the treadmill tonight. Rainy & cold here. Have a good evening.. Vicki
                      We've been quiet..way to quiet....how's everyone doing? Are you injuried, running, cross training? Anything special coming up? Races? babies? weddings? moving? Anything? :-)
                      No, not much, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and no Smile Not injured but not running much. Weather is really causing me trouble. I wanted to start my 1/2 training this week, but I don't want to do my long run on the treadmill. It's bitter cold and we're getting snow again today ARGH!!! Yes cross training, added swimming a couple days a week, Yes something special coming up, my daughters wedding next weekend..preperations also cutting into training time. Yes on race, training for my first half May 2. (Well trying to train) Yes on babies, I'm going to be a first time grandma in May. No to moving Smile I really feel like I'm slacking these last few weeks. I've got to get my weeks back to normal and start focusing again. Hopefully by February that will happen. (Oh wait got a weeks vacation that first week, maybe the second week) I'm such a slacker Shy
                      Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                        Hey Everyone!!! I'm still here!! Right now just behind that bunny but the good thing is that I am at least in sight of the thing!! Training for a half in May and then hoping to do another half in the fall. Which if all goes according to plan the will lead me back into the mileage I need for my 3rd full in the spring of 2010.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Hi, I'm new here. 0 kms run so far this year, I was battling some flu so didn't risk running in cold, chose the stationery bike instead. I'm mainly an inline speedskater and running only to keep in form in out-of-season times, so it gives me about 6 months to cover 1000 kms. Ah yes, I'm stubborn. Smile kilo Gabor Kmetyko Hungary
                            Hi, all. I'm a runningahead vet but a 1000Km noob. After a microfracture procedure ended my 2008 year in May (at least as far as running was concerned), I'm hoping to continue my recovery and gradually build my mileage back up. Since I've only hit 1000 miles for the year once in the last decade, the 1000K training group seemed like the place for me. Big grin Hey, kilo. Inline speedskating sounds awesome (and like something that would really really hurt me!)
                              westward13: nah it is only 'collateral damage' as my son is doing it very seriously so I had to learn it too Big grin But it is a fun thing for sure. Haven't tried ice yet though...

Renee the dog

I'm still around -- not much time to post these days. Been running a whole lot, but since 2008 was basically injury-free, I figured I'd keep up the pace in case I want to take a big break later in the year or if I get injured. Hope you don't mind me hanging around still. Right now, I look good for the 2000Km pace group, but that's very unlikely how the year will look at the end.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!