1000Km-621 mile club

March 31st Weekly Check-in (Read 208 times)

Sorry everyone....life caught up with me today and I have not taken the time to sit down and post. I'll get that done tomorrow but wanted to at least start the thread. Hope everyone had a good week. I'm way behind where I wanted to be, but have banked enough miles that D* bunny is still behind me! See ya tomorrow! Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Renee the dog

M - 6 mi W - 4 mi S - 2 mi Su - 10 mi race. Ah, now to let that bunny catch up! I don't have another distance race on the schedule yet...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

This was an easy week only 4 days of running instead of the usual 5. M - Off T - 3.5 Easy W - 3.3 Tempo Th - Off F - 3.8 Moderate S - Off Su - 3.4 Easy Total - 14.0 miles I should be back up to 20+ this week.

Maggie & Molly

morning. I ended up with 4.5 for this week. Started the week off sick so I only ran 3 days for short miles. I'll get the mileage up slowly but surely!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I'm waaaaay behind that bunny but I think i can catch him yet...got months to go. This last week was big for me...finally topped in over 10 miles for the week for the first time! I also ran my farthest distance yet...3.57 miles...thats beans to lots of you but I was pretty excited!
            Heroes never die. They just reload.
              I cracked the 20 mile barrier for the first time, yeah. Mon - 6.41 Wed - 6.68 Sat - 7.2 Total - 20.29 You go Daisy99, I had numbers like that just a few months ago. PRs feel good whether it is a 40 mile week or a 10 mile week.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Exercise-wise, I had a great week last week. Cool I got a new heart-rate-monitor/GPS/running toy and had waaaay too much fun with it... Sun: off Mon: 2.6 miles trails Tues: 6.1 mile long run Wed: 45 min tkd Thurs: 2.6 miles trails, 45 min tkd, 30 min elliptical Fri: 3.42 miles easy run, 45 min tkd, 30 min elliptical Sat: off Total: running: 14.7 miles, tkd: 2:15, elliptical 1 hr Big grin Of course, I also ate enough to gain 3 pounds last week... Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

AnneCA

Gayle, I saw on the YTD page that I was catching up with you -- I knew something had to be up. You definitely have enough miles banked, and that bunny is scared to get too close to you. Nono -- Awesome race!!! I hope you had a great time with it. Cindy -- your log looks great -- way to build consistency and miles. HwyChild -- yay on the 20 mile barrier! I broke it this week too for the first time, and I definitely feel good about it. Big grin This week I kicked ass -- always good to have a week where nothing else gets in the way. I ended up with: M: 3.8 miles T: Gym weight workout W: 4.3 miles R: Gym weight workout F: 5 miles Sa: Off Su: 7.2 miles. That's a new record for me too. I did it on a local trail, although I'm normally a road runner. Even though it's a very wide trail (really a fire road), there were still new challenges to it and I did have to watch my feet more than I thought I'd have to. Plus, it was an out-and-back with a 600 foot elevation gain, so I basically ran up, then I ran down. Roll eyes I'm not sure which was harder, actually. I did like the trail experience, but I think I'll have to choose an easier trail next time!
                    Wow, Anne, you did kick ass! Nice week!!!! Unfortunately I had all kinds of things get in the way. Last week I only ran 2 days, both short mileage. Sunday was the first run after my St. Paddy's Day Dash, because I had twisted my ankle and was benched nearly the whole week. Then I went again Monday, but not again after that. Life got in the way. However, I did do an 8-mile hike yesterday, and I'm sore this morning! As usual, I pulled my groin muscle - gotta get that thing strengthened up for summer hiking season so it doesn't put me out of commission much. Baseball for my son starts this week too, 2 nights a week. We'll see what that does to the running schedule... depends what time he goes to bed. I hate running after 8pm at night but if it's the only time I've got, well, there you have it. Undecided

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Michelle, can you run during his practices or games, at least occasionally? That's what I've started doing! I got tired of just sitting and shooting the bull with other moms, and it dawned on me that I might as well be running. They probably think I'm a little anti-social, but I don't care. Running is my priority!
                        I didn't do so hot this week but I finally made it outside to run once. Smile tues - elliptical 2.61 gym was packed fri - outdoor 2 mile run with hills it was great! sun - 2 miles on the treadmill, 2050m on the rowing machine & 2.35 miles on the elliptical My sister got married on Wednesday, we had a benefit for my mom Friday (she has stage 4 brain cancer) & Saturday we had my sisters wedding shower. I'm surprised I can fit into my jeans after this week of festivities. Hikerchick, my 2 daughters dance 3 nights a week and my son has tiger scouts 1 night a week. I feel your pain.
                        ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
                          Michelle, can you run during his practices or games, at least occasionally? That's what I've started doing! I got tired of just sitting and shooting the bull with other moms, and it dawned on me that I might as well be running. They probably think I'm a little anti-social, but I don't care. Running is my priority!
                          I thought about that, but I really sort of like to watch him play and see how he's doing. Last year he did t-ball and there was a lot of down time, where we'd have to sort of hustle him back onto the field, etc. This year he's older, and its his first time with coach-pitched baseball, and his arch nemesis Dylan is on the same team, so either they'll be great together or we parents will be tearing them apart. Big grin Anyway we'll see how it goes!! It's only 2 nights a week, plus a game on Saturday mornings. So I can run the other nights during the week (my fingers are crossed). I'm not one for running more than 3 times a week anyway it seems, but I'd like to get up to 4 or 5... time will tell!! It just limits my nights again - I won't have the freedom to say "don't feel like running tonight, I'll go tomorrow"... now it'll be "can't run tonight, I HAVE to go tomorrow". Roll eyes Big grin

Michelle

Hello all Liz - sorry to hear about your mum. Mon- 5 miles Wed - 5 miles Sat - 8 miles Sun - 3 miles 21 miles for my last full week before my hilly 8k race next Saturday. I feel pretty good but this race has 2 very long up-hills and 1 long down-hill. Anne, I'm with you over which is harder on me....well, my knees, anyway. Have a good week everyone! Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Gayle, I saw on the YTD page that I was catching up with you -- I knew something had to be up. You definitely have enough miles banked, and that bunny is scared to get too close to you.
                              Anne, You had a good week and spent some time catching up. Good job! Big grin I was figuring my weekly mileage and figured out that I forgot to log Monday's run. I knew I ran at least three times this week, but didn't realize my log didn't reflect it.... Mon - 3 Didn't have my Garmin just my wrist watch; ran my regular three mile route Tues - 0 Planned day off Wed - 2.54 Left foot arch is in pain; can't hardly run and cut it short Thurs Off Resting foot Fri - Off Resting foot Sat - Off on Running, but went hiking in the Arkansas hills for 5 miles. Really want to count my mileage but there was no running at all; not even for a few paces. Blush Had a blast and have good pictures Sun - 4.5 Ran with a friend, no pain, great fun Weekly Mileage - 10 I have a race that I was planning on come Sat, but it will depend on my foot. I think I'm going to only run every other day this week to give that foot some down time between runs. The running store adviced placing an arch support in my shoe. So we'll see how that goes.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Cherrie, good job on the milage and taking it slow. You are on your way! Big grin nonoruns, GREAT race.....it looks like it was COLD, COLD, COLD! Cindy, Way to go! It's NOT beans to us! Remember we were where you are at one time. And it's always FUN and exciting to share milestones! Keep up the good running! Big grin and Congrats! I remember the first time I hit double digits in a week! It's a wonderful feeling! (You're Daisy is TOO CUTE!) With that said HwyChld, you cracked the 20 mile mark. Good job! Liz, sorry to hear about your Mom Time for bed....see everyone later.....