1000 Mile Club

5th through 10th place (Read 465 times)

corland

As of 3am 7/13/07 its within 20 miles. I just joined the group, and I'm finding it very motivating. I have a little surprise in for you all this weekend Wink
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh, I have been stuck at 19th place for what seems like months! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I have a little surprise in for you all this weekend Wink
        You're not running a 50 mile Ultra are you?!?!?!? Oh no... I have no surprises, other than I have just jumped back into the high mileage marathon training again. Have a great weekend everyone! Modified to add - yes, I noticed the 'first reply' zoomy Smile

Go Pre!

Also, beware, Tuf_aint_enuf is away this week, but I am sure he is running and going to hit a computer eventually to log the miles.
            I'm still working on getting to page 1. Good luck with your surprise, Cory!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wingz

Professional Noob

* Waves hello from page 3 * How's the weather up there? Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Forever Learning

Have secured my first page status but now trying to crack the top 20 Big grin

Go Pre!

* Waves hello from page 3 * How's the weather up there? Big grin
                  It's.... .....HOT I say!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's.... .....HOT I say!
                    If you all would quit breathing so hard it might be cooler! Hey, speaking of the weather (nice seque, heh)...we've had a couple of cold fronts. Few days back it was in the low 90s with high humidity...today I ran in 67º and low humidity. It felt so refreshing and my lungs were SO happy! Rain would be nice, though...so dry. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Yuck - were getting hot week days and cold rainy weekends - not so great for the cottage weekends (but fine for the LONG runs ) Dave
                      marvey11

Hey, speaking of the weather (nice seque, heh)...we've had a couple of cold fronts. Few days back it was in the low 90s with high humidity...today I ran in 67º and low humidity. It felt so refreshing and my lungs were SO happy! Rain would be nice, though...so dry.
                        Speaking of rain... I'd gladly swap. I'm slowly getting tired of going slalom around the puddles. Although, summer seems to be coming back today Smile Marco
                          We've finally started drying out here, too. FINALLY. Now what am I going to do with all this wood and my Ark Building for Dummies book?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yes, I am away - but still running. This morning I put in about 11 miles - on the beach on Hilton Head Island, SC. I ran from the Coligny beach to Calabogie Sound and back. Gorgeous. Headed out before the sun was up and caught the sunrise on the return leg. It was hot. Damn hot. But oh-so-worth it!
                              Speaking of hot, it's been over 100F most days with about 85% relative humidity... We're literally melting. Dead
                              Gig

Another greeting from Page 3. I just made it this morning. Let's see if I can stay there for a while and continue moving up. Hilton Head must be nice to run in. Last week I returned from a European vacation. First was Copenhagen, and running along the canals was a delight. I took a different route almost every day and saw remarkable amounts of history every morning. Then it was off to Paris, where I mostly ran along the Seine. There, you have to know where you're going; otherwise, you're likely to end up in some very industrial areas. Next week, I think I'll be traveling to New York City, in which case I'll try to do a few miles in Central Park. Anybody else have some exciting vacation running spots?