1000 Mile Club

YTD Distance board is heating up (Read 374 times)

Lots of folks seem on track and well ahead of the bunny. I'm curious - what are your runnings goals through the spring, summer and into the fall? What races do you have coming up? Personally, I am targetting some smaller races through the summer, with a 25k trail race at the end of Sept., and, hopefully, the Columbus Marathon on Oct. 21!
    va

I've run most of my Spring races so my main focus until Summer will be weight loss, running 30-40 (mostly easy) miles per week. When Summer starts, I'll begin marathon specific training for a November marathon. I'd like to do another HM or two between now and November, but haven't made any specific plans yet.
        I have the Casper WY. Marathon in June. In August I am a member of a six person team in a 195 mile relay race called Get Your Ass Over The Pass (Ft. Collins CO. to Steam Boat Springs CO.). After that I have the Las Vegas marathon on schedule. Maybe a little time in between to rest? Confused
        "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan

Go Pre!

This is my plans right through the Fall - Dave (tuf), you may be attending a few of these yourself? Mississauga Half Marathon - May 13 Ottawa Full Marathon - May 27 A few possible 5, 8 and 10K race for June, early July Longboat Island 10K - Sept 9 ScotiaBank Half Marathon - Sept 30 Toronto Full Marathon - Oct 14 (I will be 40...5 minutes more time to BQ!) There's loads of Fall races, we'll see how I feel after the Toronto Marathon Smile Dave
            My 25k trail run is Sept 29, so I don't think I will be running the Scotiabank Marathon. But, I will likely work the water station at the turnaround by Windemere. Every year my running club mans that hydration station. I owe you an email. Soon...
              I have marathon next week, then nothing planned yet, except to keep running..... Big grin
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                My goals, to stay healthy and catch that damn rabbit. He's got 134 miles on me but i'll catch him by December 31st.
                  My goals, to stay healthy and catch that damn rabbit. He's got 134 miles on me but i'll catch him by December 31st.
                  Same here - no more injuries and catch that stupid rabbit. He's got a little over 200 on me, though, so I have some working to do.

Go Pre!

My 25k trail run is Sept 29, so I don't think I will be running the Scotiabank Marathon. But, I will likely work the water station at the turnaround by Windemere. Every year my running club mans that hydration station.
                    Does the half marathon pass by there?

Member Since 2008

This is my schedule for the rest of the year: 5/5/07 Blossom Day Run 5K - Canon City, Co. 5/20/07 Survival Run 5K - Pueblo, Co. 6/9/07 Little Festival on The Prairie 5K - Pueblo West, Co. 6/16/07 Spriit Fest on The Riverwalk 5K - Pueblo, Co. 8/4/07 Moonlight Maddness 5M - Pueblo, Co. 9/23/07 Hot to Trot 5K - Pueblo, Co. 10/20/07 Harvest Festival 5M - Pueblo West, Co. 12/1/07 Rock Canon Half Marathon - Pueblo, Co.
                        Does the half marathon pass by there?
                        Yes. Both groups run out to this point, turn around and head back towards the city. It is about the 12.5/13k mark if I am not mistaken.