1000 Mile Club

Hey Gig (Read 859 times)

Dog-Love

So now you are in front but I just got a new Rescue dog since my best running buddy dies last May (Rusty the lab mix...not JJ my gal pal).  So I get out for short runs fairly often so should pass you if you becoem a slacker.

How did that metric marathon go?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Gig

Oh, wow! You're well ahead, now. I do have a few runs I need to log, which I'll try to get to tomorrow, but not 30 miles worth! I'm sorry about Rusty. Mango, who turns 1 year today, is turning into an okay running partner, so that should help. 1,000 miles is probably not going to happen this year, Smile but I wonder if we can reach 500 for the year.

Gig

Crabby, where did you go?! Oh, there you are, way, way ahead of me.

I'd like to say that I'm going to put forth my best effort to hit 500 miles for 2011, but I've got a few other things that are going to demand a lot of my attention. I'll try, though. As for you, I know you can hit the 500 mark, and as you get closer, you know I'll be trying harder and harder. Smile

Gig

Another week like this one and I'll get myself on pace for 500 this year. Of course, most of this week was in Florida with beautiful weather and nutters for inlaws so that I really wanted to get out of the house! Great motivatioin. Joking

Dog-Love

For me to get to 500 I would have to have a 100 mile month and in Dec in Alaska and me hating the TM...well this is not my running year.  I have been biking and lifting though.  Ran a 5K in 4 feet deep snow on Thanksgiving...fun fun fun.  So, Gig...you get past me and perhaps I will kick it up a notch.  Have you even logged your runs ....just saying..you are still behind me

I am thinking of signing up for a Marathon next year and getting back to my 20mpw running. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Gig

I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe I'll try for the NYC marathon. Or Baltimore.

Dog-Love

Baltimore...crab medal...all good until I think about traveling to the East coast from Alaska.  I signed up for NYC but did not get it.  Will sign up again.  Baltimore could be a good choice. I teach and so cannot take a whole week off before the marathon so would go into it sleep deprived? I'll let you know when I register.  I want that medal.

Still snowing today but I should break 400 this weekend.

Dog-Love

Hey Gig...this is one of our only chances to be on page ONE.  I am there...where are you?

Gig

I missed my shot. Darn. I'm on page 4 right now, but I'll get my arse in gear soon. It's snowing, but I have to run tonight. I promised Mango this morning. I'll be thinking of you. He actually did a 5K run with me two weeks ago. He seems to enjoy it somewhat, but he acts like his paws hurt sometimes.

Gig

I chickened out last night, worried about slipping, but this evening was gorgeous. Mango and I did close to three miles together. Then I logged the run, checked the YTD totals, and... Guess who's neck and neck again.

Dog-Love

OK...page 1 was super short-lived.  Back to page 4.  Thanks for pushing and I will do my best to inspire you.  I have a new dog that needs to run often so I may get more regular runs this month. 

Gig

Crabby's catching up. Must run today.

I recreated my spreadsheet for 2012, and entered my runs to date for the year. It's still only  20 miles per week. As bad as I've been to start the year, 1K isn't at all out of reach. I have a lot of other goals this year, but maybe. Maybe.

MTA: My spreadsheet calculates the miles per week I have to run, and also has a what-if field, e.g., what if I ran 35 miles per week, what would my year-end total be. (No plans to run 35/week, btw.) Smile

Dog-Love

Maybe if you ate a burger now and then you could get that 35 mpw in. Smile

I think I have a meniscus issue that if I get repaired I would have a 6-week recovery and then get back on track.  I have been running the treadmill and last time my knee was screaming at me to stop...so I did.

I think 1000 is a possibility and it is still Early in the year.  Running 5 tomorrow so I may catch up.  You are keeping me honest.

MTA:  Hey I just noticed I am breathing down your neck!

Gig

You made it to Page 3! There's no looking back, now.

February was a pretty good month for both of us.

We'll see about March. I'll try, but I have a preliminary test on the 31st to qualify for my black belt exam. I'm hoping to stick to both, but if one has to suffer for the other, karate will get the higher priority for now.

Still, I'm feeling mostly good, and managing to find time for both so far.

I hope you're doing well, too. I'll take the consistent running as a positive sign.

Dog-Love

Definitely feels better to be creeping up instead of slacking back behind you.  The weather is changing for the better for the time being and I am feeling pretty good.  Hope Mango is getting all of the exercise he/she needs.  I think it is great to have alternative physical interests besides running but I do seem to feel mentally and physically better when I run 3-5 days a week.  I still have a ways to go to catch you, but I will catch you.