1000 Mile Club

How is it going so far? (Read 563 times)

Hi all, Here we are 10 days into our goals and how is everyone doing? Any challenges yet? Anyone having trouble getting out he door? I'm managing to get my miles in and most of them outside. I live up in the Central Interior of B.C. in Canana. It's been snowy and windy here. Not the best for running on the roads as the snow has settled over the ice and it's a bit of a trial to run on. I have my Yaktrack and run slow, but I'm out there. There are definetly days I need a big kick to the ass to get out and run. How about you? Corrina
      I'm 4.6 miles ahead right now, doing good so far. It's been raining for the last two days, so I've been running on a 200m indoor track. It's monotonous and people keep looking at me like I'm crazy but I'm getting my miles in. Big grin
      IMSIRunner

Im still not running yet due to my injury from work. I see the doc tommorrow and hope he lets me start running. Im optimistic that I can start up again tommorrow.
        5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
          It's monotonous and people keep looking at me like I'm crazy but I'm getting my miles in. Big grin
          I wish I had a dime for everytime I got that look! Don't worry, you're not alone.

Dog-Love

I hear you with the snow conditions...I am starting out slowly...getting easy runs in..mostly on trails....and staying a bit behind the bunny. He don't know I'm there though so keep it quiet!
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Im still not running yet due to my injury from work. I see the doc tommorrow and hope he lets me start running. Im optimistic that I can start up again tommorrow.
              Hey man, hope you get good news from the doc. It sucks not being able to run.
                Slowly. I'm in the base building phase at the very start, with minimal distance at the moment - but hoping to build. Most frustrating of all - i joined this group in week four of my three build/one recovery cycle so can't put in too much effort Clowning around

Just running for the fun of it!

Kenotic Runner

OK, I guess. Two thoughts though. One, I'm skiing a couple days a week these days. A day of skiing for me is more than a long run so I have that to get factored in. Two, I'm still keeping plantar fasciitis at bay. Skiing is fun. Injuries suck. But I suppose one-outta-two is pretty good in real life.
                    I hope you get good news from the doctor as well. Being injured sucks. It's tough to listen to everyone discuss their milage and know you can't get out there. Corrina

Running safely

I am doing well right now. About 10 miles ahead of schedule. I did injure my leg below my knee (while painting not running) this last weekend. It feels like it is just inflamed. It does not hurt while running, but I may go see a Dr. about it. I don't think it will affect my running at all, but I would rather know exactly what is wrong than risk getting far behind so early in the year. Sorry to hear about other injuries.
                      atmparis2008

I'm doing OK and find checking on the bunny strangely motivating . I'm on Week 6 of a marathon schedule so, if I avoid injury, I hope to keep on target...at least for the next 12 weeks. After that, we'll see... Smile

...---...

I'm luring the bunny into a false sense of security...and months from now, when the little cotton tail is nibbling on an organic carrot or something else growing in my winter garden, WHAM! There I go right past. It'll break his/her will and won't be able to catch up. Bunny psychology. But yeah, I'm still fighing off some mild shin issues and a tight left hammy...both are more annoying more than anything.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Well I think that I am doing so-so chasing the bunny. My goal was to start out slightly behind the bunny and as I am able to ramp up and over take him. Since I have taken some time off I am really kicking myself since it's hard to get back into the swing of things.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I'm ahead of the fuzzy butt right now. A couple of friends want to do some long bike rides this spring and summer so I'm trying to stock up on some miles early. I'm afraid to get out and ride when running time is always at a premium.

I run so I can eat...

Hello all... I am certainly not racking the miles up like I should but my goal is 20-25 per week so I should be fine. The weather here is mild for our area - in fact today, we figured that we should have been in capris or shorts instead of long sleeves and pants. I love the goal of 1000 - I did 750 last year so I think I should be ok especially with an M in October of 2008.