1000 Mile Club

How is it going so far? (Read 563 times)

Beatin' on the Rock

Sorry to hear about all the injuries, but for those able to keep up: I'm so jealous! I wanted to kick some bunny butt! I WAS doing great til the Evil grinhead cold from hell Evil grin jumped up and bit me. I missed my long run Thursday (weird day, I know, but it's what works for my group) and plan to make it up tomorrow; do I take medicine to clear my sinuses first, and risk that darn speedy heart rate feeling? Or do I just go? Shoot, I mouth breathe mostly anyway. I haven't run with a head cold before, even for a short distance; a bit apprehensive... Confused I'll pick it back up and get that bunny. Yessiree.
    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
    sluggo

John

Sorry to hear about all the injuries, but for those able to keep up: I'm so jealous! I wanted to kick some bunny butt! I WAS doing great til the Evil grinhead cold from hell Evil grin jumped up and bit me.
      I've been sick with a sore throat/cold thing more or less since 12/26 and I have only managed a little over 3 mi so far this year! I am being left in the dust! Hopefully I will be able to pick things up in a week or so. John

John
      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Took an unscheduled rest day today as I had alot on my plate. Well actually the problem was not enough on my plate. Not enough breakfast to get me though to lunch even with a snack at around 10 am. I was in a meeting until almost 1 pm and had to stop for a quick bite.(Chicken snack wrap at McD's) it was gross but I thought it was one of the better choices Tongue It wasn't. Then another meeting until 1:45 and off to help out in my son's grade one class. I did not get home until 2:30 pm. I was starving and too tired to think. Grabbed some Chicken noodle soup and did some homework. Had a 1/2 hour nap and made dinner. Now here I am thinking I just don't have a run in me. Had a glass of wine with dinner so no run for me. I am planning to run my 5 tomorrow in between a workshop and more homework. That bunny is salking up on me and I don't like to see him that close. It's amazing to me how much I need to fuel my body these days. I get light headed and bitchy if I don't get my food and decent food at particualr times during the day. I used to have no problem if I didn't eat until later in the day. Ok enough whining. I will run tomorrow! Corrina
          Thunderthighs, Sorry you are feeling crappy with that cold. Take it easy on your run and if you feel worse then maybe reconsider. John7m, hope you are feeling better soon and able to get out and run. Corrina
            I'm doing alright so far. But I'm such a wimp when it comes to cold, most of my runs have been on the treadmill. And I'm in Arizona so it's a lot warmer than most of your states! My mom is running PF Changs Rock'n'roll Half this weekend so I might join her. Too bad I didn't register yet cuz now it's up to $115!
            2009 Goals: Under 4 hr marathon reach and maintain 125 lbs PR in at least 3 distances 1300 miles Complete my first Ultra
            Rundadrun27

Doing okay I guess. Most of my running has been done indoors, at my local YMCA. I'm a wimp when it comes to running outdoors in the winter.
                Not doing too great. Work has prevented me from doing much the last 3 days. I'm occasionally exposed to really smoky conditions (10 hrs wednesday, 8 thursday) during prescribed burns and those knock me out of the game for a few days. Between inhaling all that smoke and the fact that it's pretty exhausting I'm not much good for running. If I can't get back on track in the next week I'll admit defeat for the year. No use draging down the average. Sad
                Rachel
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Not doing too great. Work has prevented me from doing much the last 3 days. I'm occasionally exposed to really smoky conditions (10 hrs wednesday, 8 thursday) during prescribed burns and those knock me out of the game for a few days. Between inhaling all that smoke and the fact that it's pretty exhausting I'm not much good for running. If I can't get back on track in the next week I'll admit defeat for the year. No use draging down the average. Sad
                  There's no "average" to drag down, so don't admit defeat for a whole year just because you had a rough start! If you're *SURE* you can't make the 1000 mile goal, why not try for one of the other goals then? There's also the 1000 kilometer group - which is 621 miles. I've done prescribed burns and wildland firefighting, and know how exhausting that can be! You can still be a runner though! It's not an all-or-nothing thing. Don't give up. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

bas

So far, so good... I live on page one (but that will surely change). To everyone who has had a difficult start: Remember 2008 has only just begun! And this year has 366 days... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

I'm off to a slow start...the pace bunny is about 2-1/2 pages in front of me right now. I've had PF flare up this week, so I gave myself a few days off to try and get it under control. Yesterday was my first run of the week. I guess it's better to have a few days off now than be sidelined for weeks later if I kept pushing it. Sad I'm hopeful that I can gain some ground on the pesky bunny next week!
                        Bummer for those with injuries. But don't give up yet; the year is young! I realized that to have a chance at 1000 miles this year I would need to run in the morning. That means getting up at 5:30 on weekdays which I hadn't done since, well, ever. Last week was my first week back at work after the winter holidays and I managed to wake up on time every day. Big grin As long as I can keep getting to bed early enough and stay injury-free, I should be able to beat that bunny with four-mile runs on weekdays and bonus miles on the weekends whenever I feel like it. -Jeremy

Jeremy

Ticking along nicely. Just ahead of the bunny, and with teh aim to be around 20 miles per week, every week, careful not to go ahead too fast - Can't really understand how someone can have 149 miles done already, and ONLY plan to run 1000, but I'm working on a consistant pace Smile - Fingers crossed against injury. Liam

Running safely

My leg problem turned out to be just some inflamation. I knocked it out with some ice and ibuprofin. I am feeling good and consistently staying out there. I am scheduled to run 3 days a week. I usually run around 6 miles each day with some days being as much as 7. Then, the other 4 days a week I just run if I feel like it and want to put in a few extra miles for the week. Usually just 2 to 4 miles per run. I have never run as consistently as I have been the last 2 months. Currently I am not training for anything, so I am just keeping up my fitness and trying to drop a few holiday pounds. I thought I would have that under control by now, but have been really struggling with the weight lately. I am going to really be careful on my eating this week and see which direction I go. Hopefully down. I am about 12 miles in front of the bunny. I am trying to work my way to the front page. Just need a few miles to make the jump.
                            Gig

It's going really well for me. I went out for 2.8 miles on New Years Day and I've stayed ahead since. (S)he has gotten really close a few times, but hasn't been able to catch me. I'm tempted to skip tonight's run to let the bunny get a little bit closer, just to taunt the brat, but I won't because I really want to run.
                                Wingz, thanks for the encouragement. I understand now that the pace of the bunny isn't dependant on the progress of the group but moves at a constant pace. I feel better now! Smile
                                Rachel