1000 Mile Club

Thoughts about a vest.. (Read 515 times)

freckles

Hello fellow Scot! How much was the postage? Was thinking of getting one too! (I'm in Glasgow)

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

My bike is my therapist

She would be correct. By the way: your name is Lance, you are on a bike in your profile pic. Hmmm...are you planning on running Boston this year, perhaps? Big grin
      I assume your referring to Lance Armstrong who ran the New York City Marathon. No marathon's in my near future. The article in Runners World Magazine quoted him as saying "that was without a doubt the hardest physical thing I have ever done". It's on my "to do" list. I have a couple of HM scheduled in a few months. A lot times I meet someone in the cycle community they something like "I'll write in my blog that I rode with "Lance".
      "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
      1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
      5000 Mile Club
      Half Marathon Trainers
      atmparis2008

Hello, fellow Weegie...* I'm in exile in the countryside...* Smile Postage was $5 and I'm really pleased with the vest. I'd go a size bigger than normal. I'm a 10 and chose Medium. It's a good fit.
        freckles

Cool, that is good to know, I was wondering about the sizes! I am a 12 so do you think I should go for Large? For the marathon I have a Ronhill vest in Medium that is about right. (Running for CLIC Sargent so they gave me it to wear). DO you ever do the Great Scottish Run or Womens 10k or anything?

atmparis2008

Freckles, I think a Medium would be OK. It'll be neat but they're supposed to be...and it's dark blue so you'll look like a whippet! I've done the Glasgow 10k and the Semi a couple of times and I've done the Edinburgh marathon as part of a four-woman relay * great fun*. My first run, 3 years ago, was a 5k on Glasgow Green.The initial aim was, always, to do La Parisienne, 6.5kms, in Paris. It took me the full three years to get to the Marathon ( Paris, last year ) I'm in the 'old and slow' category. My first taste of exercise, at 49, was a bit of a shock for my body.. but it's been great fun, in a weird sort of way, ever since. What about you? Any plans for 2008? Any thought of doing a marathon? In a blatant attempt to lure some of you to Scotland,I have to say that the Ladies 10K in May is a great day out...about 15,000 runners, well supported the entire route and ,with bagpipes at every kilometre, you never have to wonder how far you've got to go and the 10k and Semi ( mixed ) in September is tremendous fun. Paris has the scenery, of course, but Glasgow has...err...us. Smile
            atmparis2008

Sorry, freckles.I've just reread your post. Which marathon are you doing? How's the training going?
              freckles

London Marathon in April. Plus Edinburgh Half on March 16th! Training going well apart from some shoe problems! Still looking for that perfect shoe. Or at least one that doesn't leave me covered in blisters!

atmparis2008

Everyone I've spoken to who's run London seems to have had a great time so good luck in April, freckles. And in March, of course. I've been lucky in never having had blisters but I did accumulate quite a number of shoes before I decided nike Triax were for me. I need a bit of stability but with cushioning. I'm not heavy but I'm very heavy-footed ... Sad I still dream of the miracle shoe...the one that will make running dead easy!
                  freckles