1000 Mile Club

Hello, All! (Read 227 times)

I joined this group originally thinking that this would be a goal of mine for next year (since I only started running on May 18th of this year).  However, it looks like there's a very real chance I might be able to catch that bunny by the end of the year.  Not going to push myself, just let it happen if it does.

(I have no training plan--I just run as much as feels good.)

Wish me luck!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

GKA

GKA

This bunny can be tricky.  I was ahead in February - then fell behind after life stuff got in the way; funny how the bunny seems to enjoy absolute immunity against illness, inclement weather conditions, work demands and so on .  I used the longer daylight hours of the summer months to get in longer runs and catch up.  Hoping to keep up the 20 miles/week during the darker winter months.  Looking at your weekly mileage you will definitely catch the bunny well before the end of the year.

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

Welcome and good luck!

I needed the final day of last year to to beat the Bunny, but I'm pummeling him pretty good right now.

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

Thanks to both of you!  I passed the 700 mark today, so I'm confident I'm going to catch that pesky rabbit.  My optimistic goal is now to get him in November!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek