1000 Mile Club

On the run again (Read 475 times)

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Well I have a lot of running to do to catch the rabbit by the end of the year. My running has been minimal for a several months while I dedicated more time to swimming. I have plan that includes more running now. Pending health and injuries rabbit roadkill (is that too strong?) is possible this year.
    Find the fun.
    Gig

If my math is any good, you'll have to average 27.5 miles per week. You'd probably be better off building up gradually for several weeks at least and then try to average 30+ in November and December. Careful not to injure yourself pushing too hard before your legs are ready. I was in the same boat as you last year, but I eked it out, and crossed the 1,000 mile mark on Christmas day. You can do it!
      TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

You're right Gig. It is a stretch, but I'm going to try. My body's resonse to the training will dictate what happens. This week I will run about 22 miles. Thanks for the encouragement and reality check.
        Find the fun.
        TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

I'm gaining on the rabbit! He's about 61 miles ahead now. Next week I will cut back a bit for a recovery week. After that I hope to gain some more on the goal.
          Find the fun.
          TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

This could be close. I'm on track to make the 1000. I am at 857.7 with 28.1 to catch the rabbit at the moment. Tomorrow is a recovery day and then a long trail run on Friday. Friday might be a personal best in distance. I am planning for 18 miles. Roll eyes I have a race comming up. The taper and recovery could cost me some miles. Undecided
            Find the fun.
            TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

It's November 25th and I hit 900! Big grin I think I can do it. Shocked I ran to work today with a little detour to increase the distance while I was on the trail still.
              Find the fun.

Dog-Love

I think you can do it...couple of longish weekend runs and you will be sweeping that bunny
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Thanks Crabby for the encouragement.
                  Find the fun.
                  TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Pasted the rabbit! Big grin Today is a recovery day though.
                    Find the fun.
                      Wow! You have really kicked butt! Good Luck the last month! I am right there with you. Hoping to keep the running steady at 20 mpw.

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October