1000 Mile Club

Top Ten is getting a bit crowded (Read 512 times)

Well, I have been bumped all the way down to 10th, after a very brief stint as high as 5 (I believe). Lately, my running has sucked. Blame it on the summer doldrums, recent vacation to SC (w/ 93-95F daily temps and 85% relative humidity Dead), or just being a candy-ass. Good run today though. Welcome to the new folks, although you're all bastards for bumping me down the chart (you too, Daddyo)! Wink
      I know the feeling; I was up as high as 6 during the high mileage portion of my marathon training. Since then it has been slippery slope to 13...fortunately training starts again in two weeks Big grin
      "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
        I wouldn't know! Sad I haven't gotten there. Yet.

Michelle

corland

I see that 5th-10th is within 20 miles again (as of 2:30pm 7/25). I check it daily. I see we have a new comer, welcome Courtman. I didn't see him coming so he must have just joined us. I've got a few 50+ mile weeks SCHEDULED from late July to mid August. Hopefully I find time to get it all in this year.
            I want to join the crowd!! Slowly making my way up - make some room! Big grin Modified to add: Today I did my longest run ever. 15 miles!! It felt great. I could have run a little more but I ran out of time and had to stop to get ready for work. I know my treadmill miles aren't the same as outside, but I like knowing that I'm building a nice solid long distance base to work with.

Michelle

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

Today I did my longest run ever. 15 miles!! It felt great. I could have run a little more but I ran out of time and had to stop to get ready for work. I know my treadmill miles aren't the same as outside, but I like knowing that I'm building a nice solid long distance base to work with.
              Okay that's just gross running 15 miles on a Dreadmill. I can only get 6 miles in before I go insane. I would much rather run in a blizzard........oh wait done that.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Okay that's just gross running 15 miles on a Dreadmill. I can only get 6 miles in before I go insane. I would much rather run in a blizzard........oh wait done that.
                I KNOW, I KNOW...but it's better than leaving my 5 y/o home alone...or under the care of my sleeping older children. I'll get a better schedule soon and 90% of my runs will be outside.

Michelle

Forever Learning

Ms. MS is on a mission... Congrats on the 15 miler - I still have a few 6+ weeks until mine Big grin
                    Ms. MS is on a mission... Congrats on the 15 miler - I still have a few 6+ weeks until mine Big grin
                    Thanks! I am on a mission. I want to attempt a marathon before I turn 36, in November.

Michelle

Forever Learning

My first will be next January - at a sprite 34 years of age Roll eyes
                        My first will be next January - at a sprite 34 years of age Roll eyes
                        I've made up my mind to refuse to get really old without a fight. So, I'm going be as active as I possibly can until my body falls apart. This wanting to run a marathon is a recent desire. I'm not all that thrilled about the weight loss that running has brought on, but I do like the allowance to eat more with all the running I do! Tongue Right now, there is simply no reason what-so-ever to ever feel guilty when I stop for ice-cream, I know I'll just burn it off the next run.

Michelle

Go Pre!

last I remember, this was a group of people sharing the same gaol...to run 100 miles this year. I didn't know it was going to turn into a competition. All I know is that I do not consider myself in the top ten so much as I am happy to be one of 60 or 70 people who are on track to reaching that goal. Well done to EVERYONE!
                            last I remember, this was a group of people sharing the same gaol...to run 100 miles this year. I didn't know it was going to turn into a competition. All I know is that I do not consider myself in the top ten so much as I am happy to be one of 60 or 70 people who are on track to reaching that goal. Well done to EVERYONE!
                            We all share those feelings! From that very first mile ever run to getting to the mileage you weren't sure you'd ever reach. It's all about motivation and a sense of accomplishment. As for the friendly competition - It's just fun to try to get to the top. Fun...HA. Just don't try to explain that to a non-runner. I love to read about everyone's excitement when they reach goals. RA is one of the prime factors of how far I've gotten this year with just seriously getting back into running this past January.

Michelle

At least you all are running. I've been sidelined with yet another injury that promises to keep me out for at least four more weeks.
                                At least you all are running. I've been sidelined with yet another injury that promises to keep me out for at least four more weeks.
                                I'm sorry to hear that. Four weeks may feel like a long time, but after that you'll hopefully have a healthy return and be back to running happy!

Michelle