1000 Mile Club

I'm out of here (Read 740 times)

OK - I've settled on 1500miles for my main goal this year so will keep to that forum. One of the things that annoyed me last year was people hanging around on mileage groups that were clearly well beneath their aims. I'm certainly not going to be one to do that this year. Eddy - you could have a think about that too - its probably not cool to be leading the 2000 mile group and still participating in (i.e. blocking the leaderboard of) the 1000km group. Just my opinion. Good luck to everyone aiming for 1000 miles. I hope 2008 is a great year for you. Mandy
      Congrats for moving up to the 1500 group Mandy! Good luck to you too. Smile
      Kenotic Runner

Sigh. I'm jealous. I did 1,100 this year and I think with everything else in life, 1,200 is a good stretch goal. Congrats Mandy.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Good luck, 1500 sounds like a serious goal.
            Mandy, you've inspired me to make the jump with you. I know I can do 1000 again, so it doesn't seem fair to stay here. I'll probably only make it to 1300 or so, but it will be a good challenge to stay as close to the bunny as I can. I also agree with your opinion about Eddy (or anyone who is leading the 1500 or 2000 mile groups) blocking the top of this group. To those people: please compete against others with similar goals and don't make it harder for those here to see their acomplishments. Bye everyone and good luck!

Dog-Love

Way to go Mandy!!!! I will see how I do in a couple of months but I'm definitely aiming for 1200-1500
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                Mandy, you've inspired me to make the jump with you. I know I can do 1000 again, so it doesn't seem fair to stay here. I'll probably only make it to 1300 or so, but it will be a good challenge to stay as close to the bunny as I can. I also agree with your opinion about Eddy (or anyone who is leading the 1500 or 2000 mile groups) blocking the top of this group. To those people: please compete against others with similar goals and don't make it harder for those here to see their acomplishments. Bye everyone and good luck!
                Woohoo Shuanna! Good luck to you too! Smile
                Gig

If things go really well this year, I'll make the jump, but not until September at the earliest. My real, public goal is 1,100 miles. My overly optimistic, super-secret goal is 1,500. Don't tell anyone. Confused
                    My overly optimistic, super-secret goal is 1,500. Don't tell anyone. Confused
                    Big grin Your secret's safe with us!
                      I think this makes sense and is only fair. Since I'm in the same boat, I think I'll pull up anchor as well. Good Luck to everyone! Aija

dork.major dork.

I'm sliding up to the 2000km, 1250m group. We'll see. It will be a stretch goal for me, but that is what goals are for, right?

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Master of Inconsistency

Even though I've never done a 1000 I'm going to go for the 1500 too. I've been pretty consistent for the last couple of months so I might have a shot,besides whats a goal anyway but a challenge to yourself and I'd like to see the bunny ahead of me for motivation. Good Luck 1000 mile runners! Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

I may step up to the 1,500 group as well. I have a hernia procedure scheduled in February, so if the recovery is quick I will move out of the way for others.
                              I'm well ahead of the 1000 mile bunny so far, so I'll probably duck out of here. If things don't go as planned then I'll be back, or dropping even further down, but I'm hoping that nothing bad happens. See you around!

sean

I should probably join the group heading for the exit. As long as I stay healthy, I should be closer to the 2000km or 1500 mile groups. Good luck to everyone!