1000 Mile Club

Top Ten after today's long run. (Read 331 times)

Go Pre!

So, I have learned, 30K is a long way. Who signed me up for this marathon???
    va

Well done Daddyo! I see you've been putting up some good numbers. Keep it up!
        Ah yes, the 30k run. Lots of fun, eh? Next year you must run the Around the Bay (30K). The hills along North Shore Blvd are a treat. That will REALLY get you in shape for the Spring marathon season. What marathon are you running, anyway - Mississauga, or Ottawa? Good for you. I've pulled back a bit on the training now that AtB is out of the way. Focusing on base miles and shorter races. Will gear up again in the next few weeks with sights set on the Run for the Toad (a 25K trail race Sept 29) and Columbus Marathon (Oct. 21).

Go Pre!

I was originally planning on doing the Around the Bay 30k but we we're back from Florida in time. My sister lives near there and is so partial to the 'home-town race' that she thinks it is 'tougher' than any marathon! (She is not a runner) Anyway, I am running Ottawa May 27 and Niagra Falls in Oct. If all goes well I will go for the 3:20 BQ time in the autumn as I turn 40 in Oct. No big deal if I can;t get my time down by then. We'll see how much hills and speed work I can handle in the summer heat!

Go Pre!

Hey Tuf, you around? What races are you running in the next while? Looks like we will run one of the Mississauga Marathon races, not sure which one yet though. Let me know! email me - daddyo@daddyo.ca Dave
              Yeah, I'm around. My next race is the Sporting Life 10k (May 6). Ran Harry's Spring Run-Off (8k) last week (40:38.4) in High Park. Taking a bit of a hiatus, focusing on base miles and some shorter races for the time being. My next big run is likely the Run for the Toad. You should check it out. Couldn't get a pass from the missus for Mississauga. It's her FIRST Mother's Day. Can't complain though. She's been very supportive. She used to run too, but has always been more of a figure skater, and spinner of late. I'll flip you a note from home soon.