1000 Mile Club

Finally made it to Page 1 (Read 584 times)

Forever Learning

Big grin
      Congratulations!!! Cool
      "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
        Big grin Awesome! I'm trying to join the first page group too, feels like it's taking forever!!

Michelle

Forever Learning

It shouldn't be much longer for you based on your log Smile Keep up the good work!
            It shouldn't be much longer for you based on your log Smile Keep up the good work!
            Thanks! I need more long runs like what you do.

Michelle

Forever Learning

Back to Page 2... I have been trying to incorporate a longer run mid week along with my "long" run on Sunday. Basing this on some of the books I have read and the thoughts about doing my first full marathon in January - trying to build a base now...
                Look out Jeff...tomorrow I'm planning on a really long run (not sure if it will happen, but I'm planning on it)...You might end up back on page 2. (since you are on page 1 as of today) Tongue

Michelle

PWL

Has been

I'm trying to move from page 4 to page 3 Tongue I'm no page 1'er, but I'm moving up. I didn't start until March, so I'm doing ok!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I'm trying to move from page 4 to page 3 Tongue I'm no page 1'er, but I'm moving up. I didn't start until March, so I'm doing ok!
                    You're doing great. Nice increases each month. It's a little addictive isn't it? I like your avatar! One of my favorite movies from way back when.

Michelle

Look out Jeff...tomorrow I'm planning on a really long run (not sure if it will happen, but I'm planning on it)...You might end up back on page 2. (since you are on page 1 as of today) Tongue
                      Well, life got in the way. I woke up late, there is simply too much going on today, I only got to run 7 miles...so you're safe for yet another day. *lol* Big grin

Michelle

Forever Learning

Beware as I plan to go for 9 tomorrow - maybe 11 if I feel good Wink Keep up the good work!!!
                        PWL

Has been

You're doing great. Nice increases each month. It's a little addictive isn't it? I like your avatar! One of my favorite movies from way back when.
                          Thanks! I am now the last person on page 3! Kick a**! Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Beware as I plan to go for 9 tomorrow - maybe 11 if I feel good Wink Keep up the good work!!!
                            Clearly I wasn't hydrated properly after last night's party... Tongue I only ran 7 again today. My next long run chances won't be until Thursday or Friday since I have a 5k race on Wed. So, for now you'll be winning. Modified to add: If I didn't have to leave and go to my uncle's 74th b-day party I would go out and run 3 miles just so I could pass you! Big grin (just kidding!)

Michelle

Forever Learning

Nothing like a little healthy rivalry to keep us both going Big grin
                                Nothing like a little healthy rivalry to keep us both going Big grin
                                Tongue I agree. Nice run today! Modified to add: Nice race on Saturday! Great time.

Michelle