1000 Mile Club

Another New Member..... (Read 317 times)

Top 'O the World!

Well, I'm not new to the board..well, sort of ~ I moved over from CR in Dec w/most everybody else....but couldn't quite make up my mind if I should/could commit to 1000 miles (several of my friends think I ought to be committed as it is! Tongue ) But, WTH! I need goals that can help me bust through my life's irregularities! & I'm only 15 miles behind the infernal rodent!! (sub-zero days in Jan would be my guess)...... So! I'm hoping you'll have me here Smile..... & I've added my name to the roster of a coupla races later on (nudge, nudge) & maybe I'll get to pop in on a running club this eve for additional starch. Looking fwd to getting to know new people in here! & open to expanding my recipe repertoire Wink Cindy
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Heyyy Cindy! Welcome to the group! You should have no problem catching that rabbit! Smile
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Cindy! You and I are only 10 places apart on the list. We'll definitely catch up to that bunny! Better weather will make a big difference. It's nice and sunny in Maine, but when I went outside to run an errand, I discovered that the wind is blowing fiercely and it's 22. I'm too big a wimp to run in that! Plus, the roads are pretty narrow because of all the big snowbanks. It's off to the Y treadmills for me! Teresa

Top 'O the World!

soo, I shouldn't rub it in that we're having a brief stint of "false Spring" & it's 52*F/20% H mildly breezey & beautifully clear?? Seems weird to be running along snowbanks w/my jacket tied around my waist!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            soo, I shouldn't rub it in that we're having a brief stint of "false Spring" & it's 52*F/20% H mildly breezey & beautifully clear?? Seems weird to be running along snowbanks w/my jacket tied around my waist!
            Must be nice!! Although this weekend we're supposed to get in the 40's with some sunshine! (fingers crossed)

Top 'O the World!

Now their forecasting low 60's for today (I got called into work Sad ) & low 70's for tomorrow (I work @ least until noon)....then snow on Sunday!!! Roll eyes it's almost Springtime in CO!! Big grin
                Now their forecasting low 60's for today (I got called into work Sad ) & low 70's for tomorrow (I work @ least until noon)....then snow on Sunday!!! Roll eyes it's almost Springtime in CO!! Big grin
                WOOT!! Nice forecast. I'm jealous. Every time I'm slipping and sliding in the slush I just keep thinking, "Spring's almost here. Spring's almost here."
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

6-12"of snow, starting at midnight tonight. I'm supposed to run 7.5 miles tomorrow, but I have the feeling the Y will wimp out again and close for the day. Blech! That run would catch me up to the bunny!!

Top 'O the World!

Bummer! I'm still about 9 down.....will need to see how tomorrow's works schedule & whatnot work out as well as Sunday's snow forecast - just now, it doesn't seem too bad for the D. area.....but dropping from 70* to 40* could be a bit depressing Confused....

Top 'O the World!

40's would've been good! Not thinkin' it'll get over 30*, heavy snow & wind Sad ...& so, the rabbit continues on w/o me...
                        You will do fine running after the pesky little pace bunny. The key is not letting up but continually putting some miles on the board. Later on, you can do make up miles in a methodical rate that doesn't wear you out. The need is 2.74 miles a day......everything else is bonus. (Of course if you miss a day....hmmmm) I am blogging my chase of the bunny. Quite a few people are reading it as a way of seeing the process being done in someone else's life. If you think it will help, welcome to the blog and be a virtual running partner. Good luck http://running1000milesinayear.blogspot.com/
                        Vista

Top 'O the World!

not sure, but it's not opening just now...