1000 Mile Club

Green Bay Marathon? (Read 261 times)

vicentefrijole

Hey Alan F (or anyone else):
    I ran the Green Bay Marathon last year (my profile pic is taken in Lambeau field- mile 25.5 or so). They do a great job with the whole weekend up there for the race.
    What are the hills like on the Green Bay Marathon course? I'm thinking of running it this spring, but I also would like a course on which I can run a PR time.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really want to run this someday. After I do Grand Rapids and Chicago I want to do GB. I believe it was last year that one of my HS classmates won the GB Half Marathon (women). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I didn't do the full marathon, but the biggest "hill" I saw was a bridge. That was my first race (a 5k) and I am doing the half marathon this year. Everyone that I've talked to absolutely LOVES this marathon. They say it's fast, fun and memorable. Sorry, don't know much about the rest of the hills but the website does have a map which you could transfer to Google earth/ Mapquest aerial photos and see the hills on the computer (I love doing this)
        Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
          Hi Vincent- I don't really remember any hills to speak of. The bridge was really the only "incline/hilll" that I remember. The last 5.5 miles is a slight uphill the whole way to Lambeau field but it really isn't bad unless you are running in to a head wind as we did last year. As far as a PR, my training has suffered the last 3 years and my times have been steadily going backwards. I did not set an overall PR on this course but I did run my best time that I have in the last 3 years on less than adequate training. I would recommend it if it works for your schedule- and as I posted earlier, they did a great job with the race.
          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
            I hope the marathon went well for all the ran it last month. I have started a Green Bay Marathon Group. All are welcome. Please join if your planning on running or have run it in the past.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10