1000 Mile Club

2008 Welcome (Read 479 times)

IMSIRunner

Welcome everyone this year to the 1000 mile club. As an introduction myself and Crabby are Admins here for the group. If you have any suggestions or questions, please post them. I apologize for not being active here the last couple weeks and thank Crabby for taking over everything. I unfortunantly got injured at work and am not able to run for a couple weeks, but when I can Ill try to catch up to you all. I want to keep track of everyone completing 1000 miles this year as like a graduation list. Also, let me know what you think of coming out with some sort of club souvenier, such as a shirt or Shoe Bag with a logo. My thought is that it would be for no profit or to help eric and the website out. Again welcome, and Happy New Year. Shawn
    5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
    Gig

Nice idea, Shawn. The day after Christmas, when I got back from the run that put me over 1,000 miles, here's what they had waiting to give me. It was really, really cool. BTW, for those who are confused, Gig is not the name I was born with. Surprised It's a college nickname that about half the people I now know choose to call me.
      IMSIRunner

Thats awesome Gig, who did that for you?
        5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
        Gig

My wife and daughter. Now I know why my wife kept nagging me to get runs in, even on Christmas morning. She had been waiting several weeks to give it to me.

Queen of 3rd Place

That's sweet. Smile I think a t-shirt would be nice, especially if we could set it up to help Eric. Doing the legwork to put a tee is a pain, however. I've done one for a small club through a local custom t-shirt shop, and picking the design, getting it to look right for silkscreening, getting everyone's orders & sizes, dealing with the money, and worst of all, getting them mailed out...it was a big job. Maybe there's an easier way. Arla

Ex runner

atmparis2008

How about a 'site logo' that we could each download and print out ourselves onto that ' iron-on' transfer stuff? Then, we can transfer it to our own , plain,T-shirts, take photos and see where we're all wearing them....just a thought. I can't draw to save myself but would be glad to buy a design for the fun and fundraising aspects..

Dog-Love

My wife and daughter. Now I know why my wife kept nagging me to get runs in, even on Christmas morning. She had been waiting several weeks to give it to me.
                Gig that is very cool and shows that your family is hugely supportive of what you are doing!!!
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  The day after Christmas, when I got back from the run that put me over 1,000 miles, here's what they had waiting to give me.
                  This is AWESOME!! How nice that your family is so supportive and obviously proud. I can only imagine how it felt when they gave it to you.

Beatin' on the Rock

Nice idea, Shawn. The day after Christmas, when I got back from the run that put me over 1,000 miles, here's what they had waiting to give me. It was really, really cool.
                    Yes, it was - REALLY cool! Big grin
                    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                    Gig

I was thinking that the downloadable image for creating iron-on transfers made sense. I've got a bit of graphic design in my repetoire, so I'll give it a go if folks would like me to. I'd love to hear some ideas, though. On a quasi-related note, at one point last year I had sent an e-mail to the Proclaimers asking them to re-record their song I'm Gonna Be for us, changing "walk" to "run" in the lyric "I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more" so that we could have an official fight song. I never heard back.

...---...

T-Shirts, bronze shoe trophies, medals, iron on decals, press on tatoos, cookies, beer...I'm easy, whatever. Love the idea tough.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

IMSIRunner

Getting it done wont be hard, my mother in law owns a screenprint and embroidery shop and has already agreed to help out. If any of you have ideas, shout them out. Im also working on a few items and logos to bring to get your opinions on.
                          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

On a quasi-related note, at one point last year I had sent an e-mail to the Proclaimers asking them to re-record their song I'm Gonna Be for us, changing "walk" to "run" in the lyric "I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more" so that we could have an official fight song. I never heard back.
                            OH, my gosh! That is SO funny! I love that idea! I am going to sing that ALL the time. Hilarious!
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Whoops! Hit the button too many times. Sorry.
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."