1000 Mile Club

I knew I had skipped some runs, but geez!! (Read 866 times)

Dog-Love

Hey Gig...Mom says hi!

I am in DC right now and I'll tell you why I love it here

1) its warm out (actually too warm for this Alaskan to run)

2) It makes me feel patriotic

3) You can get a long run in and stop at the Capitol the White House, go to the Arlington cemetary and take in a few memorials along the way.

4) good food

5) people seem so well dressed compared to us wild animals up north

6) did I say it was warm out?

Anyway a long slow run/walk for over 10 miles.  Kind of warm and I am jet lagged

Good luck training Megs

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Gig

I just finished my first run of over five miles this year. 7.25. It was a little bit tougher to get back into the longer runs than I had expected, but it still felt great. This could be the start of something. 1,000 miles will be a fight, but at least now I feel I can go toe-to-toe with the bunny.

To be fair to myself, I have been doing some strength training. In fact, this morning I started with 45 minutes of lifting, 7.25 miles, and I'm about to head out the door on my way to karate class.

Yeah Spring!!!!!

Lu481

I started the year off ahead of the bunny.  I was feeling good and kept my mileage up fairly high after making the 1000 miles for last year, when I should have dropped it back.  Then another injury, my right ankle this time... 

Will I ever learn...???  Then I had to drop out of a race that I planned to run on Feb 14th...  It was horrible...  That's the 2nd race I've signed up for and had to bail on due to injuries...

Now I'm almost 60 miles behind that furry creature.  The good thing is, I still have 9 months to catch up to him and I know I can do that, if I stop pushing myself way too hard....

You guys are all doing great...  And don't worry about being behind at this point in time...  As you gradually add mileage, you will easily overtake that darn rabbit...  There is still lots of time...

Lu

Gig

That's just about 100 miles for the first three months for me. Now I just have to do 100 per month for the rest of the year. It'll be a cake walk. (Cake run?)

Dog-Love

I like cake!

You can do it!!!  A couple of 120 mile months will let you slack off in Nov-Dec.  I am just barely keeping ahead at this point.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)