1000 Mile Club

Hello!!!! (Read 198 times)

I just wanted to say hi! I just joined this group and RA on January 1. I used to be on CR until "the change". Dead Anyway, I've been looking for a group that was aimed at running somewhere around 20 miles a week for the year since that is a goal I set for myself before the new year. I'm glad I found this place. If you see my log you can tell that I'm off to a slow start due to running my first marathon January 13 but I am slowly building back up. I'm hoping to get my base mileage to 25-30mpw (ideal) but I know for sure I can do 20mpw (realistic). I look forward to chatting with you guys.
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
      Welcome and congrats on your first marathon.
      bas

Welcome! I ran my first marathon last October and it still feels great to think about it. I'm sure you will think of running a second one. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East