1000 Mile Club

1000 in 2015 or bust (Read 49 times)

Cryptic

I have been overly inconsistent for a number of years now and I am going to try and make a real come back in 2015.

1000 Miles seems like a good place to start.

Good Luck to everyone giving it a shot this year, I will bee rooting for you.

Happy New Year!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Have you ever thought about joining the 1000km/621 mile and 800 mile pace groups as well? It would give you some smaller goals to hit and give you a boost from those successes as you go for the 1000. Last year, I hit 621 miles, 800 miles, 1000 miles, 2000km and then ended with 2014km.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cryptic

show off Smile  j/k

That is a great idea. I will do that too. I am tracking mileage for my dog this  year too. I am hoping she can break 1000km

Thanks for the suggestion

I am chasing this bunny down in 2015.  Not joining 1000k and 800 miles group just yet unless I can't catch up with this bunny later in the year.

Marylander

I've had a couple years where I was over 900 miles and one where I actually exceeded 1000 by a bunch (in 2011). I've also had issues with consistency though. I've been doing a daily streak to help with that some. Going for 1000 should help too.

Camp Muir

For me last year it was definitely BUST as I got injured.

This year I'm hoping that slowly but surely I'll catch up to pace bunny and then maybe even pass her in a sustained way.

Pace Bunny - I'm coming after you!

I am slowly busting .

Wanted to run at least 20 miles per week but been having minor injuries so that I have to take break from running often and do cross training instead.

Marylander

Yep, injuries really suck. I was worried sunday that I might lose my streak after I fell on some ice and hyperextended my left knee (I dropped something that actually landed directly on my knee forcing it down). It felt funky to run that evening but has felt better each following day so I'm pretty sure I didn't tear anything.

Funky legs like wet noodles?    Grats on not breaking anything!

Still, might want to take it easy for a while.

I am starting to gain on the bunny now.

Yep, injuries really suck. I was worried sunday that I might lose my streak after I fell on some ice and hyperextended my left knee (I dropped something that actually landed directly on my knee forcing it down). It felt funky to run that evening but has felt better each following day so I'm pretty sure I didn't tear anything.

Only less than 4 miles behind the rabbit!

Cryptic

You will catch that pesky rabbit!

I messed up my hip right off the bat. I tell people all the time don't do too much too fast and I go and do it Smile

Anyway I will be attempting to catch up slowly but surely soon enough Smile

Marylander

I'm getting there slowly but surely too. Back up to 2.5 miles daily as of yesterday. I also made it to page 2 of the YTD list. Wink

Camp Muir

Finally starting to stay on pace with the bunny.  Man she is relentless but at least I'm now marking her.  I'll worry about making up lost ground when the weather gets much better.  Now it is just good to not have to worry about freezing to death during my run.

I caught up with it and then I am behind 12 miles again due to taking some break to nurse some minor injuries.

Hope I can go pass the rabbit and stay ahead soon.

You will catch that pesky rabbit!

I messed up my hip right off the bat. I tell people all the time don't do too much too fast and I go and do it Smile

Anyway I will be attempting to catch up slowly but surely soon enough Smile

Camp Muir

Finally moved solidly onto page 2.  Staying pace with her but still quite a bit behind.  Hoping to start closing the gap as of this week.

Hey Denali - question for you:  Have you climbed it?  I'm considering it and wondered if you are/were?