1000 Mile Club

Does walking count (Read 60 times)

GKA

GKA

I have started to take walks during my lunch. The walks are usually in the 1-4 mile range and my pace in the 14:30 - 15:50 m/mile range.  May I count these as miles for this group?  Or is this group strictly for "run" miles only?

Happy New Year everyone, sunita

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

I defer to others but I count any mileage that occurs with my 'running shoes' on.  The same goes that I count nothing unless I'm wearing my running shoes.   Thanks, D

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think when it boils down to it, we are all doing this for ourselves. I'm in this group to help push myself; this is a stepping stone to the 1000 miles I want to run in 2014. My miles are all run miles. I don't log walking miles. I think your log is your own space and you use it how it works for you. If it works for you to log walks, I'm not going to call you out on it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yes, I think it's up to each person.  My workouts are really "run/walks," but I log every mile.  My aim is to make more and more of each workout a real run!  Walking is great exercise, too.  It doesn't say, "1000 Mile Run Club," after all.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I have started to take walks during my lunch. The walks are usually in the 1-4 mile range and my pace in the 14:30 - 15:50 m/mile range.  May I count these as miles for this group?  Or is this group strictly for "run" miles only?

Happy New Year everyone, sunita

Heck your 'walking' pace is close to my extended long run 'running' pace so I would count it. I Gallowalk, run/walk, and also walk/run when I take my dog out. My focus is not speed, its time on feet, so I often count my brisk walks. As someone else said I log running miles when I have my running shoes on. If I put walking shoes on for the dog walk they are not logged as running - this is personal preference. From RA calculation perspective I'm pretty sure anything logged as a run shows up in this report. Easy enough to test this early in the year actually. Log as a walk and see if it shows up, I'm betting it wouldn't

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

GKA

GKA

Thanks everyone for your support.  I log my "walks" as "mileage builders" in my running log so that they are counted for this group.  My aim is to increase my running miles each year. I can't run everyday any more.  Being part of this group really motivates me to at least go out and walk.  Good luck everyone.

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai