1000 Mile Club

I find it odd...... (Read 110 times)

Master of Inconsistency

Why do people who are obviously on track to run over 2000 miles join a 1000 mile pace club ?  I don't feel compelled to crush the 500 mile group ( If there were one ) . Strange , especially when they join right before they hit a thousand miles .

Maybe if they just stop running for the year then ok , but I doubt that's happening.  If I'm on track for 1500 I'll move up ,not back .

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Hoban-Jay

Agree there..I had a goal of 1000 miles to start the year.. but then I signed up for a few full marathons and training was way more than the 19-20 mpw that I planned on running.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm in the 1000km and 800 mile as well. Those are stepping stones for me to hit and have some success on the way to 1000 miles. Maybe it is similar for the 2000 mile + runners. It doesn't bother me to see the higher mileage people in those groups. We're all here to run.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Fat & lazy runner

I agree  with you, CanadianMeg. I think it's very important  to define some intermediate goal.

Cheers

Andy

Andy G.

And I agree too Smile

I use these user groups for motivation and exchange of advice, and I only compete with two participants: The Bunny and myself Smile

I have been a member of the 1000K group for three years and I beat the bunny last year for the first time. I will remain a member of the group eventhough I hope to beat the bunny in this group in 2014. If something goes wrong during the coming year (injuries or private stuff interfering with running) I may have to compete with the 1000K bunny instead of this one.

I have successfully been in the 2000mi group for the last 7 years or so and joined the 1000mi group only this year. My thought was to reduce mileage and concentrate on speed instead of ultras.  if/when I reach close to 1000, assuming prior to July, was planning to drop this group and rejoin the 2k?  Thanks, D

Ok, as of today and with trying to cut back i am on track for 2200 miles........ Have been #1 on the 1000 mile list for a week or 2 and there is no running list I should be #1 on Smile

Am dropping from this group.  Good luck to everyone!

Dennis

Thanks and good luck to you, too Smile

MazyRuns

It depends what's going on...I was way ahead of the bunny through January because I was getting in as many miles as I could because there are some things coming up this year that I know will hold me back later (like a pregnancy). Im just getting over the flu and am behind now because of it, but am sure glad I had those extra miles at the start!  I'll get back ahead of the bunny as much as I can in anticipation of having to slow it down later and possibly having to take some time off in November.  You just never know what people have planned.

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28

Runningsteph117

Wish I had gotten ahead...am playing serious catchup now. 108 miles behind...got to turn it up!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

You can do it, Steph! The weather is getting better hopefully and easier to get out there.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hitting 1000 is my first goal - hitting it without injury.

Getting close to 2000 is my second goal.

Now wondering why I'm no longer on the list.   Does your name get taken off if you hit 1000?

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm right with you, Steph.  But my distance is picking up a lot, I'm now around 30 miles per week and will be 40 by October.

You can still find yourself by using the Reports function, click on it and select "current year" and click on the distance column of the resulting table to sort by distance:

NameDistance ▼Time
                                fatozzig 1529.9 mi 16d 1hr
                                lilcat19 1503.3 mi 9d 14hr
                                pozmoore 1500.7 mi 12d 3hr
                                Michele- 1432.4 mi 10d 6hr
                                TechW 1399.2 mi 8d 16hr
                                darlene sabo 1329.7 mi 6d 9hr
                                Ms T 1321.1 mi 13d 19hr
                                Emurphy 1282 mi 9d 7hr
                                sunchaser 1278.5 mi 8d 23hr
                                shadow runner 1266.3 mi 7d 13hr
                                seanster 1229.4 mi 7d 4hr
                                keeponrunning 1220.5 mi 13:27:55
                                CanadianMeg 1199.3 mi 9d 4hr
                                CVdrifter 1116.5 mi 7d 1hr
                                Nawlins Native 1090.5 mi 8d 6hr
                                JML 1056.5 mi 6d 9hr
                                Seanv2 1010.3 mi 6d 11hr
                                Deacon 988.6 mi 5d 18hr
                                Anya_ 988.1 mi 0:00
                                Craig42 986.2 mi 7d 8hr
                                mazyfive 983.8 mi 5d 10hr
                                Barbs595 979.5 mi 8d 9hr
                                kmays 979.2 mi 7d 1hr
                                Steve C in VA 969.9 mi 6d 9hr
                                Larry T 949.6 mi 6d 10hr
                                kmalsom 937.3 mi 6d 3hr
                                amn77 935 mi 4d 19hr
                                runlarryrun 904.6 mi 5d 12hr
                                thelo11 901 mi 5d 18hr
                                GeordieNC 878.4 mi 6d 13hr

Hitting 1000 is my first goal - hitting it without injury.

Getting close to 2000 is my second goal.

Now wondering why I'm no longer on the list.   Does your name get taken off if you hit 1000?