1000 Mile Club

According to Plan? (Read 220 times)

So, tapering for my first marathon on November 6th, 2011 led me to create a training plan for the first time since I started running again.

I haven't been the best at following it.  Went a few miles longer than I should have last week.

Realized something great, though: if I actually follow the plan, I will hit my 1,000th mile since starting to run again somewhere during mile 26 of the marathon.

Holy crap.  Couldn't have timed that better if I tried.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

So, tapering for my first marathon on November 6th, 2011 led me to create a training plan for the first time since I started running again.

I haven't been the best at following it.  Went a few miles longer than I should have last week.

Realized something great, though: if I actually follow the plan, I will hit my 1,000th mile since starting to run again somewhere during mile 26 of the marathon.

Holy crap.  Couldn't have timed that better if I tried.

That's really cool.

- Anya

GKA

GKA

How was your marathon?  More importantly, how was the 1000th mile?  

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

The marathon rocked!  Hardest thing I've ever done--and most rewarding.  Mile 1000 was a HUGE boost to me--it hit during mile 25!

Race report!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek