1000 Mile Club

Ups n downs (Read 257 times)

Okay, I've had to deal with my first *minor* gap in the ol' training log - I hate it when there's a hole where the bars should be. I'm calling it an extra-long taper, but I'm really trying to get better before my HM this weekend. My point (I think I have one) is that I am slipping down nearer the bunny than I am happy with, but I'm glad I built up a little "cushion" with my previous training. I am understanding the reality of a year-long goal - that some months I'll be up, and others down, but it's the long run (literally???) that counts!
    1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
    va

Yes, a cushion is a good thing to get, when you can. You never know when you might get sick or injured, or whatever else might get in the way of running... Good luck in your HM!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh, I had a good cushion going in Jan, but the insane cold has really eaten into that. Today the windchill is <0, so i won't be running...it won't be any better tomorrow, either. i will hopefully get a run in on friday. at least the next week should be above freezing, so i can gradually get my miles back up in the coming weeks. i want to get far enough ahead of that bunny that i could take an entire week off and still be ahead. k so="" i="" won't="" be="" running...it="" won't="" be="" any="" better="" tomorrow,="" either.="" i="" will="" hopefully="" get="" a="" run="" in="" on="" friday.="" at="" least="" the="" next="" week="" should="" be="" above="" freezing,="" so="" i="" can="" gradually="" get="" my="" miles="" back="" up="" in="" the="" coming="" weeks.="" i="" want="" to="" get="" far="" enough="" ahead="" of="" that="" bunny="" that="" i="" could="" take="" an="" entire="" week="" off="" and="" still="" be="" ahead.=""></0, so i won't be running...it won't be any better tomorrow, either. i will hopefully get a run in on friday. at least the next week should be above freezing, so i can gradually get my miles back up in the coming weeks. i want to get far enough ahead of that bunny that i could take an entire week off and still be ahead. k>

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bas

I have to let the bunny go for the moment as I have an injury. That will ground me for a week at least, and even if I can run after that, it won't be enough to catch up again. That will simply have to wait. bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Da*n that bunny anyway...
            1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
              I'm right there with you, bas. I've been out of commission for a week now due to injury. Hoping to be able to run again soon but in the meantime, I'll just have to sit and watch the bunny inch closer and closer.