1000 Mile Club

1000 miles is taunting me! (Read 344 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So close...I should have had it this week, but my runs since last weekend's HM have been godawful and I've been sick for the past couple of days. Tomorrow I *hope* to feel up to an 11 miler with a friend who is doing a HM with me in 4 weeks. I have less than 6 miles before I can claim my 1k mile goal met. After that I will leave so that others can enjoy spots near the top (I say "near," since there are still some unfortunate hogs up there, including one who has surpassed the 1500 mile goal and isn't even an active member of this group, which I think is pretty rude). I won't make 1500 this year, but that's my goal for next year. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

Well, I hope you stick around for at least a few days after you've reached 1K. I appreciate inching closer to page 1 (although my immediate goal is to pass the bunny within the next three weeks). Still, you've contributed a lot to the group formus. You will be missed. Once I reach 1K (several months from now), I'll be moving on to the 1500 mile Shocked group as warm up for next year. I hope to see you there.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Michael! I am already on the 1500 mile board, but I know this is not my year to make that milestone...next year--barring any injury/illness--I'm there! I met my goal this AM. Right around the 5.3 mile mark of our run I told my friend what mileage goal I had reached and she was really excited. I think she will do 1000 next year, for certain. She might even come close this year. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Hey zoom-zoom! For the first time in months I check this forum, and still I can be the first to congratulate you on your 1000 miles! Fantastic! You did it! Smile Smile Smile Applause! Cheering! Waving flags! Standing on benches! Throwing things in the air! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Bas! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats, zoom-zoom!!! That's awesome!! Big grin I hope to join you soon!

Dog-Love

Must feel like a great accomplishment! I love keeping an eye out on your running. I hope to break 1000 on December 31...OMG what if I have to run 34 miles to do it???
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Must feel like a great accomplishment! I love keeping an eye out on your running. I hope to break 1000 on December 31...OMG what if I have to run 34 miles to do it???
                  You could do that! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Well I am running my first marathon next Sunday and the long runs have really pushed me towards the year end goal of 1000 miles. I am hoping to continue running 7-10 mile runs each week through the Alaska winter. I have enjoyed sneaking up on that bunny! You are going to love training for a marathon. I am so impressed with the change in my body (leaner) and how easy the 4-7 mile runs have become. I hope to post a before and after shot at the end of November when I hope to get to my goal weight.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    Gig

Way to go, Kristen! As for you, Crabby, I've got a metric marathon coming up this Sunday that I thought would get me closer to you and the pace bunny. I guess not, but I will inch closer (mile closer?) to the real goal of tracking down the PB. Good luck on Sunday. I'll be cheering for you from Annapolis.
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

Zoom-zoom rocks! Let me add my vote to those who say "stick around here!" I know I don't really come into this form very often, but you've always got something nice to say... Congrats on meeting your goal! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Dog-Love

Hey Gig...Don't think I don't know you are right on my tail. You are definitely creeping up on me and the bunny. We are both gonna pass the rabbit but I am going to try to keep my narrowing lead. A metric marathon is 26.2 km? That's still a good distance.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am so impressed with the change in my body (leaner) and how easy the 4-7 mile runs have become. I hope to post a before and after shot at the end of November when I hope to get to my goal weight.
                            Oh, I really hope this is the case--though even now I find that runs in that range aren't bad at all...I couldn't say that a year ago, even though I was training for a HM then, too. And I REALLY hope that marathon training finally kicks my excess pudge out the door. I've been battling these last 15 or so pounds for years. I will get 5 to leave, but then they always come back...bastids! And yesterday was really depressing--I put on the pants that I wore for my HM a year ago and they still fit perfectly. So I know that I have lost no bodyfat and replaced it with muscle. Damn. k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

And I REALLY hope that marathon training finally kicks my excess pudge out the door. I've been battling these last 15 or so pounds for years. I will get 5 to leave, but then they always come back...bastids! k
                              I run my slow runs at 10-11 minute miles so a long run can take me 3.5 hours and guess what I am mostly burning during all that running...FAT. Plus I have been keeping away from sweet stuff and alcohol, but lately beer tastes so damn good. So now I still have 10 pounds distributed over my leaner stomach and I am going to watch that pudge melt away. You will do awesome!!!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mmm...beer. Before running I was more of a wine drinker, but beer is so much more appealing nowadays! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay