1000 Mile Club

Last long run for awhile (Read 327 times)

Just crossed the 1/2 point today, so decided to add an extra challenge to this 1000 mile quest. For the past 4 years, I've had problems swallowing because the muscles in my esophagus won't work together. Basically, it sucks for socializing Tight lipped but it's great for losing weight! Big grin No idea what causes it, no way to cure it, but this is how they fix it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heller_myotomy The doc will slice me up on Wednesday, then put me on an ultra-liquid diet for the next month. Rnning will be a no-can-do for all of June, so that damn Bunny is going to get mighty close. Hopefully, I can kick its butt come July. In the meantime, I'd appreciate if this community could pick up my missing miles. If everyone could add a 0.1 mile or so to their runs, the total group miles should all net out.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, wow! Take it easy on yourself when you are able to return to running and keep us posted on your recovery. I hope all goes well. I'll bet you will be ravenous once you are able to return to solid foods--I certainly would be! BTW, is beer an acceptable liquid...? Wink Good luck--I'll have my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

In the meantime, I'd appreciate if this community could pick up my missing miles. If everyone could add a 0.1 mile or so to their runs, the total group miles should all net out.
        Glad to! Kinda reminds me of when my (recently running converted) husband asked if he could hire someone to run his miles so he could catch the 1000k bunny. That Clowning around!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          Thanks for kind words, all. Zoom Zoom, I was " close to catching you, too. BTW, anybody checking my log might be wondering how I managed to do a 49 minute 10k the day after surgery ... doc cancelled with less than 24 hour to go. The next available date was July, but after some horsetrading, they managed to fit me in on June 1. Now I get to see what kind of party place the hospital is on the weekend. Wink
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whoo hoo...party at the hospital! Too bad we can't sneak you in some brewskis! Big grin Good luck tomorrow! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Whoo hoo...party at the hospital! Too bad we can't sneak you in some brewskis!
              I think brewskis qualify as liquid. Good luck with your surgery, Tom.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A beer drip sounds WAY more fun than a regular saline drip... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Happy news to report - surgery went well and am out of the hospital. I'll be doing the penguin shuffle for a while, but I'm back on my feet and eating macaroni. The sky is the limit. Something to add to the Why I Run column: the nursing staff was extremely impressed with my low pulse and blood pressue. They would check it every two hours, and everytime would be sure to ask, "You're a runner, right?" Damn Skippy, I am!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not sure what my pulse is, but my BP is something crazy like 110/60. I get lightheaded if I stand up too fast... Tongue Glad you are doing so well. They're letting you have solids already? Good news! Beer's a liquid, can you have beer, yet? Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

Glad the surgery went well. And by the way, wine is a liquid. It also has antioxidants. It can also be a fairly reliable pain killer. Wait, I am in the wrong group. Isn't there a "drinkers with a running problem" group?
                      deb