1000 Mile Club

Yo yo (Read 338 times)

Gig

I made it to Page 1!! Big grin Then I got knocked back to page 2. Angry That's been the pattern for about the past two weeks. I'm there after tonight's run, but I doubt I'll be there in 24 hours. Maybe after this Sunday's long run (although that's what I thought last week). Undecided

Dave

You're doing great, Gig. Of course, I'm going to try and be one of those people who squeeks in front of you and pushes you back this week. I've got 20 planned on Sunday Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dog-Love

Maybe I'll kick some 1000-mile achievers off and move you up that way. You are in the elite pack now aren't you Gig? Probably only 10 or so runners back from me....Uh I also have a 20-miler today. Yuk and YIKES I think its great you are so close to staying on page one Smile
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Gig

What is it with 20-mile runs this weekend? I've got one, too, on Sunday. Smile And I just got a text message from my friend Tara. She wants to do four or five miles tomorrow morning. That was going to be my day to sleep in. Sleepy

Dog-Love

I'm guessing the 20-milers coincide with a Fall marathon. Mine is Oct 12 in Victorisa BC. I want to get back to the wonderful 6 miles on a Sat morning and just run for fun. These long runs are really taking it out of me Tongue
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Dave

Same with me, Crabby. USMC on 26 October. Trying to squeeze 3 x 20 in between now and race day. Heat and humidity tomorrow may scale me back to something shorter though.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dog-Love

Bummer about heat and humidity. Nothing like hat here! Cool 50's and fog and rain. I am lucky this time of year. Can't wait to hear how yours goes...

Dave

For the briefest of moments, I made the first page. Actually, I don't know how long I was there but a few hours later, I'd dropped back to page 2. 20 today was pretty tough. 80F and high humidity at the finish. I was soaked. Like I'd jumped in a swimming pool. 7 pounds lighter at the end. Was weary and overheating but still maintained pace for the most part. Nutrition plan went well. How did yours go, Crabby?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Gig

It was a nasty one today for me, too. My shirt was off after a half mile. By 1-1/2 miles, I was already wringing out my baseball cap. I finished my run downtown where I met my wife and daughter for brunch, so I didn't get to see how much water I lost, but I know I drank a lot. I managed a steady pace except for the last two miles, and I didn't drop off too much even then.

Dog-Love

Well mine was Friday afternoon and it was 50 and we ran 3 different trails that are all connected by about 1 mile of road and I logged 20.2 miles. After 18 I was ready to be done but it was mostly a matter of getting those miles over with. Nothing speedy just steady 10 minute miles with some breaks for stretching and water and food. I want to finish this marathon in less than 4.5 hours.