1000 Mile Club

Making yourself Run (Read 329 times)

Kimmie

How often do you have to make yourself run? I feel like I should go today. The weather is nice and cool. But I stayed up way too late last night and drank too much wine. My sweet girlfriends threw me a birthday party. So, I'm barely functioning today. I should just make myself go and then I'll feel better, right?
    Jill_B

I fly.

I try really hard to not "force" myself to run. I don't want to make something I love a chore. If I miss a run because I'm too tired so be it. But I will say that I have run some of my best runs after a bit too much wine. (And happy birthday!)

Bring it on.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, I'm so new (just over a year), that I try to stay on track unless I have a REALLY good excuse. I've signed up for a half marathon in September, and right now the farthest I've run is 6.2 miles. I have a ways to go, and if I slack off, I won't be able to run the entire HM. My other motivation is that I live in Maine. If I skip a run on a decent day, I might pay for it by having to run in HORRIBLE weather, lol. Right now, though, we have a long stretch of horrible days (yesterday through Monday, it looks like), so I have to figure out what to do. The bunny is my best motivator! I initially thought I had a chance only at 1000 km, but I'm increasing my mileage fast enough that I'm shooting for 1000 miles. I'm still behind, but I think I can catch the little rascal! We'll see...
          First thing is to make sure you are hydrated especially if you had a little too much wine. The next best thing is to put on you running gear and head out the door. Aim for 1 mile and see how it goes. Chances are you will feel better and go the distance. It is tough getting out the door. So here is a kick in the backside....(BOOT) ..... get running! I wish I had someone to do that for me on some days when I just don't feel like going. Wink Hope you have a good run and report back to let us know how it went. Corrina

Beatin' on the Rock

I do it because I told so many that I am going to run this HM, so I AM going to run this HM! The only way I can do it is to run many, many, easy miles, and so... I run many, many, easy miles. Besides, it's on my "Bucket List". Wink I honestly haven't found the joy or "high" yet that makes me happy and urgent to run, but I'm hoping it'll turn up here after this 10 miler tomorrow... Dead
            Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
            Kenotic Runner

How often do you have to make yourself run?
              Always but yet never.
              Kimmie

I have to say that yesterday I did not run. But today I had a killer workout and I really appreciate the virtual kick in the butt. I need a place like this for the occasional times when I need to get going. Most of my good friends are not runners, so it's hard to get motivation from them. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is THANKS!

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Some times we just have to listen to our bodies. It may have been a little too much wine, a little too much late night fun, or maybe it was your body saying give me a break. Look at the fact you had a killer workout the next day.
                    Interestingly enough, that is the subject I wrote about in my blog...."Running 1,000 miles in a year". We all go through those stages and phases and GOALS are ONE of the ways to stay on track. The Pace Bunny is really nothing more than a measuring stick to a goal.....and a GOOD one. Check out my blog and if you think it will help you for motivation.......click on it often. While you are there, click on an ad or two. Happy bunny hopping. http://running1000milesinayear.blogspot.com/
                    Vista