1000 Mile Club

Goodbye to this group (Read 237 times)

I’m not even sure where to start on posting again so I’ll just start…… I joined this forum back last year when I started running in Oct. I was having the time of my life in the fact I had not ran in years, my weight was coming down, my speed and endurance was increasing, I was up to 20 miles a week and had signed up for the 1,000 mile club at the first of the year. Now for the downside and my absence since Feb and March. First of all we moved, and I had problems with my computer, getting setup on a new ISP. BUT I was still running, just missing posting on my log and reading the forums. Then on the 1st of April, I was running a new route by my workplace and was not watching where my feet were going. I took a very bad tumble and severely sprained my left ankle. The doctor said if I had broken it my recovery time would have been better. A little over four months later my ankle is finally starting to heal. Hopefully! I started walking again about a month ago against my doctor’s wishes, but she said if it wasn’t hurting then continue. It hurt some, but not to bad. Today I started adding some short jogs in my walk to see if my ankle can hold up to it. My next doctor’s appointment is Wed. and I’m hoping she will say I can continue as long as the ankle doesn’t look to swollen. She feels if I can continue with PT I will not need surgery, but it will be a slow recovery. So with my plans to run 1,000 miles in 2007 and to run a ½ marathon in Sept. have all come to nothing. Can you say the word depression? I could not find the will power to post when I was so dead in the water so to speak and all working out came to a halt. I finally decided that I needed to kick myself in the butt and become accountable again. So hello again to all! I’m going to start logging again. I’m sorry that my logging is going to include walking but its back to baby steps and anything else I can do to motivate my recovery. I'm not going to make a 1,000 miles this year and not sure what I will make. I just want to run again and hopefully I'll be back in this group next year. Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Gayle, So sorry to hear about your accident. Recover well, and I hope you'll be back good and strong next year.
        Good luck with everything, and we'll see you here next year. Smile

Michelle