1000 Mile Club

Happy New Year - Time to start chasin the bunny! (Read 355 times)

V1per41

Got sick early in the year, then plantar faciitis made me take 2 weeks off, so started off way behind, but my training plan for the rest of the year brings me to about 1100, so I'm all about finally joining the 1,000 mile club this year.

Right now I'm about 87 miles behind the pace.  But should start to make some serious ground on that by April.

Gig

I'm way behind, which is only partly because I broke my toe two weeks ago. I'll get back on the bunny's trail soon, though.

PS--Please sign my whitehouse.org petition to ban polystyrene. http://wh.gov/AbWD

Dog-Love

I'm way behind, which is only partly because I broke my toe two weeks ago. I'll get back on the bunny's trail soon, though.

PS--Please sign my whitehouse.org petition to ban polystyrene. http://wh.gov/AbWD

OK I signed...I was the 10th...99990 signatures to go.

I am slowly trying to get back into running and am transitioning from lots of xc skiing and hiking.  SHould come off the last page one of these days

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Gig

Thanks for signing. It doesn't look like it'll get to 100,000 (or even 100) this time, but I'm going to try again on my birthday/Earth Day.

In early March, I broke my pinky toe. The doctor said I could keep running, but I figured I'd take two weeks off, which turned into close to a month. My first run back, this past Thursday, I went for an easy three miles. Half way into it, I strained my back--no idea how, it just happened. I made the "sound" decision to run an easy sub-10 pace home. Walking it out might have been better, and possibly I wouldn't still be in near-constant pain. It's getting marginally better every day, I'm hoping to run again next weekend. Bummer. This all but rules out getting to 1,000 miles this year, but that's fine. I just hope it doesn't keep me from going for my black belt this summer.