1000 Mile Club

.1 (Read 535 times)

Carl A

We're about 10% done with 2010 already.

I don't care what Punxsutawney Phil saw last week; I sense some good running in the next few weeks.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Dog-Love

It was so warm yesterday I could run in shorts. 
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Carl A

Great--That same air will probably reach here in about a week!

Dog-Love

Hey Carl...Are you an ultrarunner?  I see that you are a race director for an ultra...Is it a good one?  A trail?  I didn't look at the race too quickly. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Carl A

Yes, I've run a few ultras (about eight, if I'm counting right), and am continuing to learn as I go.

Being an RD has helped accelerate my learning curve--I get to see first-hand and with a clear head what's working for people and what isn't. This has also really helped to offset my relative dearth of available training time.

As far as our race goes, if you would ever like to run a free, low-key 100-miler on unimproved Pennsylvania rail trail, it would be perfect!

Dog-Love

I cannot even imagine!  I would not mind biking 100 but a marathon kicks my butt.  But I love trail running and I do live in the same small town as ultrarunner Geoff Roes...I think I will admire what you all can do!
              Carl A

The area all around Juneau must be incredible for trail running.

I lived in Anchorage for two years in the 90s--it was so true that the best thing about living there was that it was so close to Alaska.

Although it took some time for me to realize it, there are tons of trails here in northeast PA too, thanks to all the quad riders and random patches of woods, although sometimes I have to look hard to see the beauty amidst all the desolation from mining, etc.

Still waiting for that heat wave to arrive here--I wonder where it went to?