1000 Mile Club

Farewell cool world (Read 561 times)

Gig

I just checked in for the first time in many months. I feel like I'm just taking up page 1 space here, so I'm checking out soon.

The 1,000 mile group is the coolest place on the net, and is a big part of the reason that I'm a serious (OK, I'm almost never serious, but...) runner. It's a great goal to chase, but this year, I'm going after 1,500 as my stretch goal. Meantime, Denali, I think I'll sign up for the marathon/week group. See you there.

Thanks to those who helped keep me going when I didn't want to keep going.

Keep running, and stay healthy!

Gig

Dog-Love

You don't have to leave ya know.  You will be removed from page one after a week of glory!  So hang out and just see how long it takes some of us to get to page one.  I have crept onto page 2 and I am moving up slowly.  Its great you are aiming for 1500 and that is a lot of miles that's for sure.  I think I still will try for 2000Km but that is a push. 1000 miles is a great goal for me and anything over that is kinda cool.

Anyway if you leave....we'll miss you but I know where to find you

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Gig

Oh, okay. I'll stick around, then. I have to admit, it's fun seeing my name on page one in this group. I am having a pretty good year as far as distance goes. Unfortunately, my one real goal for the year--running a six-minute mile on July 18th--doesn't seem very likely. But my feet only hurt sometimes, and I'm 3/4 of the way to a goal that seemed almost unattainable two years ago.

MTA: Having made the above statement, and then looking at my stats for the year and realizing that I'm currently at 749.5 miles, I really want to go run a half mile right now. Stupid work.

Eternal Rookie

my one real goal for the year--running a six-minute mile .

Took a pick at your training log. I think this is doable (forget your goal date), you just need to get in at least one interval session a week and include some 200s at faster than race pace. Fire up those fast twitch muscles and let them know what they are in for…