1000 Mile Club

Some encouragement (Read 444 times)

Kenotic Runner

So far this year, I'm ahead of the bunny. Beginning of last year, however, looking at it week-by-week... Week of Dec. 31 - Jan. 6: 16.4 mi Week of Jan. 7 - Jan. 13: 18.3 mi Week of Jan. 14 - Jan. 20: 4.0 mi Week of Jan. 21 - Jan. 27: 13.2 mi Anyhow, I finished 2007 with around 1,100 miles. Thought this might be a bit of encouragement for folks with the bunny ahead of them. Best of luck.

Dog-Love

Thanks Papa and I completely agree. 1000 miles is a long way to go but last year I had knee surgery and didn't run for 2 months and then started out slowly. But I ended the year with 1050 miles. I absolutely know we can do this!
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Beatin' on the Rock

Thanks. I needed that!
        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          Thanks!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Thought this might be a bit of encouragement for folks with the bunny ahead of them. Best of luck.
            Thanks Papa for the encouragement! I joined the 1000K and the 1000 Mile boards and have been considering dropping this one and just working on the 1000K. Last year I signed up for the 1000 Miles, injuried my ankle and was off for five months. I joined the 1000k because I didn't want the added pressure of trying to get 1000 miles and re-injuring myself. BUT I really wanted to see how everyone was doing on the 1000 miles just in case I can met that pie in the sky goal and getting there WITHOUT hurting myself again. I'm bunny hunting but...... Roll eyes

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Thank you so much! I'm behind the bunny due to a foot problem and I am pretty down on myself for not getting in my weekly milage goal, but I managed 5 miles today so Iam ok. I know it's better to take care of an injury before it gets really bad and you can't run for a long time then to take a few days rest and run again. It's my competitive streak. Oh well I guess it's rabbit season. Be very very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits.(hahahahahahahah) Corrina
              Kenotic Runner

Last January and February I only did just over 60 miles each of those two months. Glad I wasn't tracking a bunny the beginning of the year. Smile
                  Thanks Papa! This was a bad bad week! I was starting to feel down about the 1000 mile goal. Monday I start my training for a 15k. My training schedule should put me in front of the bunny.

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

I just want to say that every time I come in here and see this (very nice) thread, I keep reading PapaBanucci as Pappabunny. I don't know why. But I find it funny as it's a thread of encouragement ...just seems fitting it'd be from PappaBunny I guess! Big grin
                    Kenotic Runner

I just want to say that every time I come in here and see this (very nice) thread, I keep reading PapaBanucci as Pappabunny. I don't know why. But I find it funny as it's a thread of encouragement ...just seems fitting it'd be from PappaBunny I guess! Big grin
                      PapaBunny's OK I suppose.
                      Kenotic Runner

PapaBunny's OK I suppose.