1000 Mile Club

another new member (Read 237 times)

hi there, just joined in after realizing the bunny on the 2000 km was getting farther away by the day (i ran 1200 miles last year, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen this year). so in an effort to be more realistic, i'm on page 5 here, and i still have the bunny 119 miles ahead of me. i'm hoping to get back to 25 miles a week, and maybe 30 by summer, so maybe there is a chance for me to catch that bunny after allSmile susan
      Hi Susan! Welcome to the group! You can catch the bunny! 119 miles isn't that big of a bunny lead- more power to ya! And awesome avatar. Was that one of your regular running routes? How beautiful.
        hi joni, thanks for the welcome! the pic in the avatar is not a regular route - we were in hawaii in january, escaping the four feet of snow here in the methow valley in eastern washington state. right now it's just as gorgeous along my regular running routes here in washington - and my summer routes in sweden (hence the handle). i'll have to change the picture at some point - though this one is inspiring (or guilt inspiring :rollSmile since i was at a 10 year low in weight, and sadly i've put 10 lbs back on since then. ah well, that's what miles are for... Blush susan

Dog-Love

Welcome Susan "Fjordrunner". Enjoy the process of catching up and passing the bunny
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Lu481

Welcome Susan, Before you know it you'll have that bunny eating your dust. Lu
              thanks lu and crabby - i'm working at it, a couple of miles at a time... susan
                Susan: Welcome to this thread. You WILL be able to catch up to the bunny and actually it will be an enjoyable task. The normal goal for reaching 1,000 is 2.74 miles a day or 19.7 miles a week. This means your 25 miles and then your 30 miles per week patterns will quickly catch you up. Good luck and welcome.
                Vista

Top 'O the World!

Hey Susan! I remember you from CR awhile back.... Smile Welcome! & happy "hunting!" Wink Cindy
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    thanks, vista and cindy! i've already moved up a few places in the quest for the bunny... it's good motivation indeed! susan