1000 Mile Club

Why 1000? (Read 892 times)

Oh, and so I can make a tee-shirt Smile
    A t-shirt?! I like that idea. No, I love it, actually. Does anyone want to chip in to the 1000 mile club t-shirt fund?! I don't want to be in charge of it, mind you... but I'd absolutely love to be able to win a t-shirt that says something along the lines of "I ran 1000 miles in 2007!" Who do I make the check out to in order to make this a possibility?
      Cool Idea about the t-shirt! Oh and I'm late with this but the reason 1,000 miles for me is that's about what I'll have time to run this year. I'd LOVE to run 1500 but I don't think that my family and job would allow me the extra time. Maybe next year when all kids are in school full time!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Chicago 26.2 07

Just to feel a sense of accomplishiment. I like the Tshirt Idea. I hope someone takes the lead and designs it. But you can't wear it till you earn it! Maybe someday we will see each other running a race wearing our 1000 mi club shirts. Nice to meet you all. Larry
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If we wanted to eventually do custom shirts, this place does technical ones.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Smile I would definately chip into the fund!
            Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
            Gig

I've got three goals. One of them is 1000 miles because there is no 1,095 club (3 miles per day average). The second is to run a six minute mile. Last year I ran one in 7:15. The third is to run a 5K in 21:00. Last year I didn't come close. 1000 miles might be the only one I achieve, but it's the most important one. Oh, and I also want to lose a lot of weight. That's not one of my goals, but benchpressing my own weight is, and dropping 30 pounds seems like the most sensible approach to doing that.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and I also want to lose a lot of weight. That's not one of my goals, but benchpressing my own weight is, and dropping 30 pounds seems like the most sensible approach to doing that.
                Hey, come join the Jiggly Joggers group in my sig. We all have similar goals...I'd personally like to drop at least 15#s. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, come join the Jiggly Joggers group in my sig. We all have similar goals...I'd personally like to drop at least 15#s. Smile k
                  That brings up a good (but mostly unrelated) question. How exactly does one go about getting links to the various groups in their signature? I'd like to do it with mine but I haven't been able to figure out how thus far.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chris, do you know some basic HTML tags? I think that's the only way to do it, thus far. k

~ Sarah Kay

Belatedly I'm in for the shirt!!!
                      Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                        I'm doing it just to give me a goal to shoot for and keep out there pounding the pavement. I'll talk to my cousin and see if he can help me come up with some sort of design. He does graphics for web pages and web page design. Of course we will have to have some reference to this website also. Gotta give Eric some publicity.
                          I'm in for the T-Shirt!!! GREAT idea! Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Last year I managed 1000km with me only starting in mid Feb 2006 and having 1 month off because of injuries. So 1609km should be posible. I must admit that it is forcing me to run more than I would normally. I wonder what the bunnies toes look like because mine are leaking blood every now and then.
                            derek

I wonder what the bunnies toes look like because mine are leaking blood every now and then.
                              I would be concerned about that. Your toes shouldn't be bleeding? Maybe you need to find a different/new pair of shoes?

Derek

Woot! Just broke the 100 mile per month barier today! For the first time in many years. Y 1000? Because if I feel this good after a 100 mile month I can only imagine how good I'm gonna feel after 1000! Good luck to everyone and can i get a WOOT!