1000 Mile Club

New Member (Read 2774 times)

LTD

Hi all. I am going to try to make the 1000 mile club. I started running a little more seriously this past month. 19 miles a week should be doable for me. I am enjoying reading many of the old posts on this forum. Looks like a few of the top mileage runners are headed to 1500. Don't think I have that in me this year. I am from Davidson, NC. I am running the Frosty 5K in Charlotte, NC this Saturday (12th.) Thanks' Terry
      Hey Terry, Welcome to the club. Smile Corrina

Think Whirled Peas

Good on ya, Terry!!!! Welcome aboard! Ya up for Wabbit Season?!?!?!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

LTD

Thanks' guys. I am ready for the rabbit !! Starting off strong this year..... but.... can I keep it up?! Terry
          atmparis2008

Power of Q, I love your avatar! Where did you get the picture? It's marvellous.

My bike is my therapist

Hey Terry, I'm just south of you in Gastonia. I'm catching up with the group myself. I've been running for a couple of years until I bought a road bike this summer and that really cut into my running. I'm here for a little motivation to get my running going again. Right now the bunny is kicking my @$$. Keep me posted on some area runs you plan to do.
              "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
              1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
              5000 Mile Club
              Half Marathon Trainers
                Hi everyone, I'm new to the group also and hope to have my first 1000 year. Been up to over 900 so this is the challenge this year. Good running.
                LTD

Hey all. Thanks for they welcome. I got the avatar from our photographer that covers all the races. He lets us have any we want. I ran a 5K in Charlotte this Saturday. Were you there Croydon? It was a Run for Your Life 5K. I have been mountain biking. I go to the White Water Rafting Center once or twice a month down close to you. Awesome place to bike or run. I am going to do another 5K in Charlotte Jan. 2, Called the Frosty 5K. Thanks' Terry

My bike is my therapist

No, didn't make that one. I do run a lot of Run For Your Life races. They do an excellent job of sponsoring runs. Wow, small world, I love to mountain bike as well and usually end up at the White Water Rafting Center a couple of times a week either running or riding. Let me know the next time you plan to go. Croydon0 AT gmail.com (that's a zero on the end) Hope you had a good race.
                    "Psychotic speed and you'll crash, over caution will get you last. "
                    1000 Miles Running, 1000 Miles Biking
                    5000 Mile Club
                    Half Marathon Trainers
                      Well, I figured I would say hey too! I have been logging since July here on RA, and just found the forums recently. I just found this group through JustMarion's blog and rvelich helped me find my way here! Thanks guys! Now, I am .9 down from the pace bunny so we will see how long it takes me to get on the positive side!
                      "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
                      My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com