1000 Mile Club

Something must be working right.... (Read 260 times)

Tonight's run felt great! The hills didn't slow me down, I didn't feel tired. I kept up an even pace. AND..it was hot out (80). I think my saving grace was that I started out for my run while the sun was setting and the rest of my run was done without that added heat. I'm still excited about it. When I stopped my run I felt almost giddy, just thinking of how "easy" it felt. So even though a lot of my runs have been inside on the treadmill I think I might be okay in my training. At least that is how I feel after tonight's run. We'll see. Smile

Michelle

Gig

My knees have been a bit achy, and my right ankle, left ring toe, and left foot plantar fascitis have all been buggy, all combined with the AQI registering "bisque", and yet I've been feeling really good. I think I may have my job to thank. It's given me a lot of frustration to run off lately. Nothing makes for a good run like a bad day at the office. Angry
      Gig

You know, I kinda wish I hadn't posted that bit about my job. As true as it is, it's not what I wanted to say. This is: Running is one of the big positive factors in my life now--my family is the other. I started this 1,000 mile quest in late December when I made it one of my three-and-a-half fitness goals for 2007. (The others were to drop 25 pounds, and to bench press my own weight, and if everything fell into place, run a seven minute mile.) But the most important goal for me is this 1,000 mile journey. I'll reach 500 next week, and then it's less than a marathon a week after that. It wasn't until after I decided on running 1K that I thought there might be a support group out there. I looked all over until it dawned on me to check my own backyard--RunningAHEAD. I'm glad I did. There are some individuals (I hope you know who you are--I'm catching up!) whom I'm especially grateful to, but the group overall has been and inspirational, motivational, and instructional gang of crazies. Thank you, Gig PS--My progress on my other goals? Down 10 pounds, and I've been holding there for about six months. I ran a 7:22 mile in July, two seconds slower than last year. And benchpressing my own weight? I'm kinda counting on weighing a lot less in order for that to happen. Evil grin

Dog-Love

What a great post, Gig!!! I can totally relate to the 1000 goal and the weight loss goal and how great it feels to be able to run run and run. I had knee surgery in February and now I am 12 pounds lighter and running 9 miles like it was a 5K. I think I am having more fun training for this marathon and watching the changes in my body then I will actually running it. I d notice that you are catching up with me gig. Great work!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)