1000 Mile Club

Where would you be after 1000 miles (Read 876 times)

This really sounds like fun! my number is 39084 and name is ChenilleB. Is there just 1 route? I didn't see a way to choose a starting point. After 3 "restarts" with training this year Roll eyes (oh well - I really learned how to xtrain!!!) I'm ready to get back to running this year. Nice to meet y'all!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

I added everybody who has posted their IDs. Please add me to yours as well. My id is: 39644.
        My ID is 39645 JohnM. This looks like a cool website and should be fun!
        The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
        http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
          I could not find how to reset the numbers to zero for 2007 so I registered again this morning and I will be adding you all as my running partners. My new number is: 39564. Ewa
          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
            I re-registered as 39684 - was able to add all as partners and can now view "progress with partners" currently showing 41 miles - this is so cool!!! I did attempt to re-set data on my original account - but the only way I could figure to do it was to go into each entry separately and reset values to 0.0 - uh - no thanks!!!Happy New Year!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

I registered today and my number is 39685 with name suprise (Time2Run). Hopefully I can figure out the site. Looks like fun.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I've updated everyone on my list and added the new folks. From the looks of it, I need to get moving as it appears that I am the official slacker of the crowd. Shocked Take care.
                  I've been using the http://exercise.lbl.gov/ site for awhile now (and I'm finally out of Virginia! Big grin) I re-registered today so my new ID is 40026. I've added everyone who posted on the thread as partners. Teresa
                    I tried to post it by adding the map to this user group but it doesn't seem to be there.
                    Actually, if you check out your courses we can see your maps. That's a cool idea. I've decided to run to Mount Desert Island in Maine. I think I'll take Rte 1 (more scenic) up the coast. Right now I'm running eastbound on Rte 2,I'm a couple of exits just out of town. Every time I run I'll just add them to the map. I just checked it out on Mapquest, it's a little over 300 miles to the summit of Cadillac Mountain. I hope to be there by the end of April.

Slow-smooth-fast

I would like to see where I would get to after a thousand miles but I live in England. If anyone has an equivalent for the UK to map this that would be great.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Has any one figured out how to use the team feature? I'd like to see our "group milage" progress across the country!

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Anybody, correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that you can create a group or several of them but they are for your individual use only and others have no access to them. You can still see how our group is progressing by creating a group of your own just add members like you are adding partners. I am thinking of creating a separate group of people who use this site but are not on RA (yes, there are strange people who have not signed up to RA Shocked ) Ewa
                          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill