1000 Mile Club

Anyone else behind the bunny? (Read 1302 times)

I've been behind it, and now I'm sick. Next week I'm going to try to hit it hard. If I could only get beyond 15 a week!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking of just adding a couple miles here or there on the treadmill at the gym, to build the mileage.

- Anya

if not for the treadmill I would be behind. the weather in the midwest this winter is too much for me. plus the lack of daylight (and a shower at work) make weekday runs all but impossible for me. I gots to have my treadmill.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've felt crappy and non-motivated for 10 days now! Sigh. I'm meeting a friend at the Y tomorrow morning, though, so that should get me back on track, I hope!!

...---...

I've been behind it, and now I'm sick. Next week I'm going to try to hit it hard. If I could only get beyond 15 a week!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking of just adding a couple miles here or there on the treadmill at the gym, to build the mileage.
          It's really early in the game. A steady and methodical increase when you're feeling better will put the bunny in your rear view mirror for good. I usually teeter in front, behind, in front, behind for a while. Then I start training for a long distance race and, with the jacked up mileage, the bunny is toast. Hang in there.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

It's really early in the game. A steady and methodical increase when you're feeling better will put the bunny in your rear view mirror for good. I usually teeter in front, behind, in front, behind for a while. Then I start training for a long distance race and, with the jacked up mileage, the bunny is toast. Hang in there.
            Thanks. I hope you're right. Last year I did 1000k, and I was always ahead of the bunny. Now, I'm pathetic. But, we'll see I guess.

- Anya

Slow-smooth-fast

I hate the treadmill. I try to avoid it unless absolutely unavoidable. Sometimes if Ihave run in the morning and go to the gym for weights in the evening I may hop on and do a couple of miles, but thats about it. I have just actually got back from a 18 miler in the typical british weather - pouring down and high winds all the way - miserable night, good to be home now.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm ahead of the bunny and was thinking of using my buffer as a reason to not do my long run in the 12 degree weather. Roll eyes Nope, I'm just gonna pad my lead on the bunny. Big grin MTA: Just checked. Now tied with the pink demon. Must. go. run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I hate the treadmill. I try to avoid it unless absolutely unavoidable. Sometimes if Ihave run in the morning and go to the gym for weights in the evening I may hop on and do a couple of miles, but thats about it. I have just actually got back from a 18 miler in the typical british weather - pouring down and high winds all the way - miserable night, good to be home now.
                  I hate the treadmill too. I just moved, and got rid of mine. However, when I had one, It sure was an easy way to add a few extra miles. Now I live in a tiny place with no room for it, so I may try the gym. I run outside on Tuesday, Thurs, Sat, and Sunday. This week I only got 3.6 in since I was sick. I'm fear I'm never gonna make it up.

- Anya

Hey folks, don't post here hardly ever, but check my status with the bunny from time to time. I missed the 1000 mile mark last year by about 100. I'm already behind about 20 miles at this point. I took 2 weeks off to try and heal up a sore shin. Hope to get back to it today.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Hey folks, don't post here hardly ever, but check my status with the bunny from time to time. I missed the 1000 mile mark last year by about 100. I'm already behind about 20 miles at this point. I took 2 weeks off to try and heal up a sore shin. Hope to get back to it today.
                      I know how you feel. I am 14 miles behind, since I missed a week. I don't think I'll ever make it up. Good luck with the shin. Nothing worse than injuries!

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Heh, I could hear the bunny breathing down my neck, but a 9.5-miler today gave me a little bit of space. I think I see the 2000km bunny up there just a few miles. Rabbit stew tomorrow. Yes

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Heh, I could hear the bunny breathing down my neck, but a 9.5-miler today gave me a little bit of space. I think I see the 2000km bunny up there just a few miles. Rabbit stew tomorrow. Yes
                          Hassenpfeffer !!!!! Big grin

- Anya

bas

I'm behind him now, after a week of flu Sad Maybe the bunny will catch it next week? Otherwise I will just have to run a few extra miles... bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Dog-Love

That bunny needs to gegt sick just like a lot of us. I am down quite a bit but plan on catching up by March. Yhe year is young and that rabbit is getting old
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

That bunny needs to gegt sick just like a lot of us. I am down quite a bit but plan on catching up by March. Yhe year is young and that rabbit is getting old
                                I'm affraid if I post I might catch what's going around, but I hope you folks get better soon.
                                Find the fun.