1000 Mile Club

long runs? (Read 416 times)

I have a question about my running log. I only record them as long runs...none seem short to me Blush and they don't feel easy Roll eyes. I just use it to record distance. Is that okay? I mean because they are open to public viewing...I don't want anyone to think I take long runs everyday. The distance is what I'm interested in...
    Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think that's OK--it's more for your personal use. Heck, what I used to consider a long run is now a standard easy run for me and my current "long" runs are probably 5 miles shorter than they were before my HM (and a HM would probably be a warm-up for someone like jlynnbob, LOL). It's all relative. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

It's *your* log. Put whatever you want to in it. Oh... and FWIW, your log's not currently public. If you want to make it so, go to Options--> My Log Settings --> Allow everyone to see my running log --> Update. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh, good...not public...might keep it that way Wink
          Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin I don't know how it's going to work with the 1000 mile club. You may need to end up making it public after all. Depends on what magic Eric's able to work for us...

Roads were made for journeys...

Okay, If I did it right it is public now. It will just look like all I do is long runs...however anything longer than 4 miles seems too long of a run for me! Blush
              va

Hi cloe36, Yes I can see your log now. It looks like you've been entering your times wrong. According to your log you ran ten miles in 1 minute and 45 second (a pace of 11 seconds per mile)! Shocked
                  Are you saying you don't think I can run that fast!!! Wink Is that the only day that looks wrong? I try to fix it.
                    Okay, well I looked at it....Every single entry is wrong!!! This is one of the reasons I didn't want to make it public Blush....I use it more just to record the distance, I could careless about speed. I think I"m going to try to fix the times for December then try to do the new year correctly. In the meantime...hope everyone thinks I'm super speedy!!! Tongue Blush
                    va

No worries chloe36. Even with the corrected time you are still a lot faster than me. Big grin Are you training for a race, running for fitness, of just for pleasure? You are logging some serious miles.
                        Honestly...I never said this on here...but I'm recovering from an Eating disorder, and running is allowing me to make peace with food. I can maintain 120 (I'm 5'4) and eat a bunch. I'm hoping after X-mas I will be able to eat like a normal person and drop to about 20 miles a week. I have to make myself stop running eat day otherwise I would run 50+ miles a week. I am training for a HM in January though, just to say I did it. I usually run indoors, I find the time goes faster on my treadmill. Thanks for the interest and thanks for letting me know about my log
                        va

Well I hope things work out well for you, and good luck in your HM!!! Smile

Now that was a bath...

Chloe, It must have taken guts to admit that. Kudos to you for facing up to your demon. I don't have any particular experience with eating problems but as an ex-addict, I do have to be careful with running so that it doesn't become my latest addiction. I have a very addictive personality! I am also realizing that running has made me over analyze my body image and I've started to think 'Maybe I could run better if I dropped 10lbs'. I guess it's about knowing when to stop and I hope that I will always have strength in that direction. I can appreciate though how difficult a battle you are facing. If you ever want to chat, why don't you pop into the ladies locker room (Kirsten dishes out the password). We ladies need to support each other in this mad, bad world. Claire xxx
                          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.