10K Training Group, 8K's are welcome too

Hmmm (Read 549 times)

A Saucy Wench

Well....that was interesting. First speedwork in eons. Decided to do 800's because I would go too fast on 400's. Went slower than 800 interval pacing normally would be. Took about 3 of them to figure out my pace which is really all I was trying to do today. I think I might like 800's though, I always lose count on how many 400's I've done.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think I might like 800's though, I always lose count on how many 400's I've done.
      I think 800s are probably are more useful workout for 10k running than 400s anyway. Agree with you on the losing count. Reminds me of high school track coach, who would sometimes "accidentally" lose count when we were doing 12x400m. Often ended up being a baker's dozen.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dog-Love

I have been doing 800s on a treadmill when the AK weather is so crappy that I can't bringmy self to running outside. I am really enjoying this push. In about a month I will be trying 800s more seriously for my goal of a sub 54 10K. What is interesting on the TM is that psychologically it is easier for me to run the 800 m on a TM then run 2 laps at the field. I find myself wanting to finish after one lap. WIll work on that this year!
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

I find treadmill speedwork easier too. It doesnt require the focus...you just set the pace and you go and if your mind wanders...you still go. On the track I have to keep reminding myself to focus to not go too slow or too fast or whatever.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I find treadmill speedwork easier too. It doesnt require the focus...you just set the pace and you go and if your mind wanders...you still go. On the track I have to keep reminding myself to focus to not go too slow or too fast or whatever.
            True. There's also an element of holding on for dear life while doing treadmill speedwork. By that, I mean that you can sometimes run a little faster than you might have on the track because you can focus on staying with the treadmill. Obviously only up to a certain point.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.