1367 miles, or a marathon per week

Almost there (Read 381 times)

I wanted to do Mountain Mist but apparently not enough to register early for it and now it's sold out Sad 

I have heard that it's easier than the Mount Cheaha 50K but definitely not one of the easier ones in this area.  (I look mainly at the 50Ks in Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.)

I'm doing Tashka Trail 50K this weekend (which I'm very, very undertrained for) and then next year planning to do Mount Cheaha 50K (now part of Montrail series, guess I better register soon!), Oak Mountain 50K and Delano Park 12 hr.

Carl A

Carl,

Thanks!  I'm signed up for Mountain Mist 50K in January and Clinton 30 Mile in March.

How 'bout you?

Cassie

Those sound like fun, challenging courses!

I'm signed up for the new Paulinskill-Sussex in March. Thinking of running the new Beast of Burden in February also, if the next few weeks go well. Waiting to see if I can get off the Massanutten wait list. Hopefully this all is enough external motivation to stay in some kind of shape over the winter.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I thought those were the easy ones? 

If you ever are looking for an easy 50K in the southeast, I highly recommend the new Tashka Trail 50K in Tuscaloosa, AL next December.  Not only was it a really well-executed race (extraordinarily well considering it was the inaugural year), but the course was really easy compared to the other two I've done.  I PR'd despite not training for it and not even trying too hard during the run.  I didn't run any hills or much of anything with an upward incline, hung out and chatted with the very friendly aid station volunteers (an aid station ~3 miles or so), and stopped to take pictures along the way.  Nice finishing shirts, goodie bag with a another tech shirt and wool socks, great aid station food and hamburgers afterwards.

Imminent Catastrophe

That looks good Jen, I'll look for it next December.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

That looks good Jen, I'll look for it next December.

Yeah - me too, sounds great. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Hey Runner67- I was just now finally sending in a whole stack of race registrations for next year since I got closed out of yet another 50K I wanted to do (Atlanta Fat Ass 50K) and I noticed you're signed up for a bunch of the SC Ultra Trail Series runs!   I'll be there for Lynch's Woods, Chattooga River and Enoree Passage.  They're kind of a long drive so I didn't sign up for the whole series...but anyway, I'll see you there!

I guess it's time to update my sig line.  And start actually training again.

You can actually get closed out of a FA event?  Odd!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm hoping to make some of those SCUT races too, I'm going to take some time off and reboot, hopefully I can get back up to speed for those.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016