1500 Miles So Go Run

Week 1 Pace Bunny Assault!!! (Read 228 times)

According to what the mileage group chart shows, a good 45 of the 1500 milers are ahead of the bunny, with another 5 within just a mile. Great job folks! How was your first week of the year? Are you injury-free and hitting it hard? Or are you struggling to get through? Are you going to fall back or surge forward this week? Keep up the hard work!

jfa

hey dspeer.checkout the "am I the only one?" thread.Alot of bunny hating goin on there

I'm behind, but I also raced and am now recovering, so will just get further behind for a bit more. Then I hope to up the easy miles.

Dave

10 miles ahead of the rodent right now. Yes Staying ahead is proving difficult. I'm still trying to figure out whether I can stay ahead on only 5 runs per week or whether it will take 6 to stay out in front consistently. 6 just feels extreme because it means 6 days in a row and one off (as opposed to a day off every 3-4 days). What is your strategy?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I go six days a week, but only one hard workout a week. The rest of the time I'm just running easy. Keep up the good work!
              I'm doing 5 runs a week, 2 hard, 2 easy, 1 long. Seems to be working out fine so far. I was up to 6 runs a week but cut back to 5 and made them a bit longer. I quite like having 2 days when I don't run.
                A 50k on saturday jumped me in front of the little bugger. Between recovery from this race, tapering for another in early february and recovery from that one. It'll be a while before I can get a sizable lead on the furry thing.
                  I'm trying to figure out a schedule for running but I don't have enough flexibility to run at the same time each day. So I end up fitting in my runs when I'm able to, sometimes with less time than I hoped. Weekend runs are easy to plan so I do my long runs then. I think I'm starting off fairly well so far. Time will tell. Each week I tempt fate with my Monday night soccer games, I enjoy playing but the whole time I'm on the field I'm worried about rolling my ankle again and not being able to run for a while.

Michelle

Nanorunner

I hear you with the soccer and fear of injury. Oddly enough, it was a soccer injury that got me back into running. I love running but do miss the soccer. Oh, and the bunny is in the rear view mirror right now.