1500 Miles So Go Run

I passed the little bunny today - not sure how long I'll be able to hold him off though (Read 333 times)

Because I've been piling on the miles in my buildup for my first marathon, today I finally caught up with and passed the little bunny - sometime during my last long run today. Now I enter my taper, and I will run my first marathon Nov 10. Since I will be recovering for the next month after that, I wonder if I'll be able to hold off the little guy long enough to get to Jan 1 still in front of him.... Confused Maybe he'll give me just enough incentive to get back out there after the marathon beats me up... But it's fun to be in front of him for now.... Big grin
      Congrats, Frowzy! I've passed this bunny's little brothers already - but I doubt I'll pass this one this year. Great job - and good luck and health through your taper and first marathon. You will do awesome.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

congrats!!! that bunny is a rascally little feller. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Imminent Catastrophe

16 miles behind the rabbit.
          "I'm gonna get dat wascally wabbit!"
          -Elmer Fudd

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Forever Learning

Well done - I hope to pass that bunny this week Shocked
              Congrats! I'm staying put for a while. Sad

Michelle

Forever Learning

Ms. MS, Rest and heal up Cool
                  Ms. MS, Rest and heal up Cool
                  Thanks. I'm working on that. Went to the dr. today, next up-MRI, and possible surgery. Sad I'm getting old!!!

Michelle

Forever Learning

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

Imminent Catastrophe

... and possible surgery. Sad
                      Sure hope not. Best of luck to you.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Hold on...I worded that poorly. The MRI is for my hamstring/ possible (newly discovered) Sciatica issue. The surgery is for an Inguinal Hernia. My brain needs some fixing too. Sad Thank you for the well wishes.

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, I caught the bunny today. Yee-haw!

Yay! Now don't let go, that darn thing can get away pretty quickly. Big grin

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay! Now don't let go, that darn thing can get away pretty quickly. Big grin
                              He sure can, even at 350 minutes per mile! Maybe it should have been a "pace tortoise"?

Good job, Russ!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?