1500 Miles So Go Run

Hey Muse (Read 321 times)

someone been playing with your running log?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You'll ruin your knees!

Nah, she has "planned" runs out there in the future...her YTD mileage does not take them into consideration...you can click on "workouts" to see what she has done up through today...the graph is kind of goophy (but then, so is she Tongue)!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I went to check out her interval run from this morning and saw that it had not only changed in distance but that all the information for it was gone as well. I also saw that all her "planned" runs were gone. Oh well. Guess I should just get off my lazy but and do some reading on speed training. Once the HM is over I'm going to start doing intervals, tempo and hill work in. Just got to figure out how you do it since in a way I'm still new to running (put lots of miles in and have done races but haven't done much reading or any kind of speed work)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You'll ruin your knees!

Someone else asked her about the "future" runs and she was concerned that it was going into her YTD mileage so she deleted the future stuff and sure'nuff the YTD mileage did not change! She was lamenting the fact that you passed her (although I see she passed you back today)... she's really kicking the track work hard and pushing lots'o'miles...(looking over her shoulder...) Keep the pressure on! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

OIC Smile Having a place to keep a schedule of future runs would be cool! She seems like the kind of person that thrives on pressure. Its funny to watch all the leap frogging that goes on in these groups. It will be interesting to see how things go once people get into marathon training.

muse_runner

keep running.

I see you all talking about me behind my back. Hmmmmnnnnnn.... :P Yup Trent called me on the planning of my future runs. A while back I calculated whether planning future runs would affect my YTD distance calculations and they were unaffected. But then it was early yesterday when he asked me about that. I literally Shocked for a second to see if he was right. I started to doubt my calculations, and thought maybe I had dreamed it or something. So then, in deleting my future runs I accidentally deleted my track workout. To be honest I don't recall what the whole distance adds up to so I guestimated and I'll have to add it back in this morning. I'm a little annoyed that I lost my track workout, but I know what I did so I'll just add it up again. I think you are ahead of me Rockin Mam. I will have something like 48 miles for this week so I'm sure you'll skip ahead? I don't know why but for me, waking up and already seeing what is on my calendar helps me with my MOJO. I am a person that likes to plan my whole year out of running so planning out my weeks ahead of time isn't really anything too crazy I guess. Plus, I'm on a schedule that someone else has created (I tweak for higher mileage) so... yeah. But Rockin mam, go ahead and pass me up lady! I'm doing heavy interval training now and my legs are shot. I have a race coming up soon (is deleted now Tongue) so I will have to do a huge cut-back for that race *if* I decide next week that it is a goal race for me. I do races for fitness checks and for goals. If its' a goal race I taper, if it's a fitness check I don't. Smile
              running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                Totally understand how having your workouts preplanned on the calander helps with your MOJO Smile As for passing you, training for my race the 29th is more important. Gotta make sure my legs are fresh enough (if I'm going to get a new PB). And then after my race I'm going to be adding hills and speed work .

muse_runner

keep running.

And then after my race I'm going to be adding hills and speed work .
                  Black eye good luck hun! You'll do great! Your pacing shows that you're in for a huge PR. What's the race? Speedwork kills my pacing of my regular mileage. In fact a few days I just looked at my Garmin's distance and ignored the pace 'cause I didn't want to know, frankly. I've been running in a lot of hills to build muscle and doing speed drills. You'd think my leg turnover would improve, but the goal for me is to go really super easy on days that I'm not training hard. Thank you for appreciating my need to plan ahead. I guess I'm "one of those people." How can I get your abs?!!! You have a gorgeous body....hot tamales!
                  running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                  muse_runner

keep running.

I also like planning weeks ahead to play with the scheduling. I like to keep things pretty varied as far as my weeks go, so it keeps me interested to play with mileage on rest days etc. Smile
                      Race is Lehigh Valley Half Marathon (formerly known as Runners World Half). I've been looking into different speed workouts (since I plan on starting some after my race) and figured I'd check yours out to see what your doing. Nice work btw. From what I've been told I really don't need to do any intervals shorter than 800's (though I'd love to try one of your interval workouts they look tough) As for my abs, they were made in the kitchen (haven't done any "real" ab work in at least 6 months). It's funny cause when I weighed 115 you couldn't see my abs one bit but now that I'm 129 (yes I've been gradually going up this past month) they are so easy to see. So once you get your bf% low enough you should have no problem seing them or maintaining them with all you eating (believe me I eat tons).

muse_runner

keep running.

Rocken Mam you should do a log in the RA coaching forum. Mikey Mike is a resident speedworkout guru. Seriously that guy knows ALL at the track. I can offer some advice too (I think?). Speed makes the rest of the week drudgery if you don't fuel the workouts right, fuel the recoveries, and run at the right speed etc. It's VERY easy to run too fast (like I did last week apparently). I'm better at pacing 1200's and miles than 400's and 800's. I am too sleepy to see if I got my pacing right for the intervals. I just threw in some times there. They are on my Garmin and I am toooo sleepy to check it all. I will do that later tonight. zzzzzzzzzzzzz I got "dunked" for my body fat (hydrostatic weighing). I was curious. I have lost about 45 pounds in the past 2 years so I have some weird skin stuff on my tummy. Anyhow when they dunked me I was happy but not happy. I thought my body fat would HAVE TO be higher than they told me.... since you can't see definition like I can see on your tummy. So I'm wondering what the magic number is to see your definition. I'm willing to work at it...
                        muse_runner

keep running.

off for my day....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz come on coffee wake me UP!
                            I realized this morning that my dh is the perfect person to coach me. He was on the cross country team in highschool (did pretty well) and really knows his stuff. He's great at speed work and short distance but he's not much of a long distance runner,hence why my marathon was so slow. Yes I had to wait for him and yes we finished with hands together held up high(more like me holding his up since he was totally exhausted). What I really can't wait for (of course I may change my mind AFTER starting) is hill training. We've got some really awesome hilly runs around where we live. They used to scare me but now I'm ready turn my training up a few notches. I'll have to check out the Coaching forum. I'll definetly start a log on there once I start my hill and speed work. I can use all the critiquing (helping) I can get.

off for my day....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz come on coffee wake me UP!
                              Enjoy your day. I've got so much to do today. Between kids, housework, packing (kids to grandparents and dh and I for trip to Niagra Falls). The excitement of having 2 full days without children has me totally buzzed (who needs coffee lol)

muse_runner

keep running.

COFFEEEE I luv it! I drink a boatload of espresso daily. I have a stovetop one so literally it is like my morning crack on the stove. heh I have the best espresso EVER...ahhhh.... It just sums up my morning feast. I love mornings. I think that's why I get up so early. What's yer goal for the 1/2 marathon. I have my theories Wink about a goal... see I'm stalkin you too hot mama! Smile