1500 Miles So Go Run

Am I the only one...? (Read 651 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I gave the rabbit a week's head start this year. I figure it will need it. Big grin
    It's OK...I just passed him, again...I gave him a hard smack upside the back of the head as I plodded by! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's OK...I just passed him, again...I gave him a hard smack upside the back of the head as I plodded by! Evil grin
      Nice Wink
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Next time I'll kick him...but I'm pretty beat-down at the moment, so I need to rest up and get my legs stronger. Then he gets the ol' 1-2 from me! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I tend to get a couple of miles ahead and then a couple of miles behind. Tomorrow afternoon I have a 6 mile run scheduled so I'll be almost even again. Weekends I tend to get ahead but not enough to stay there. But I have a 26 mile long run coming up in a couple of weeks and then a marathon in February and another in March so eventually I figure I'll put distance between that bunny and me before sliding a little during the summer months, when somedays are just too dadburn hot down here to run.
          USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Prophet!

at this point i'm gonna have to drop back to the 1000 miles group...or even the 1000 km group...stupid sore knees Dead , stupid me for listening to my body and taking it easy... Big grin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I tend to get a couple of miles ahead and then a couple of miles behind. Tomorrow afternoon I have a 6 mile run scheduled so I'll be almost even again. Weekends I tend to get ahead but not enough to stay there. But I have a 26 mile long run coming up in a couple of weeks and then a marathon in February and another in March so eventually I figure I'll put distance between that bunny and me before sliding a little during the summer months, when somedays are just too dadburn hot down here to run.
              Ahhh...that's the reverse of what we folks in the frigid North deal with. Right now is reduced mileage time. In the middle of Summer I sometimes have bad weeks if it gets particularly hot (I wish I dealt with heat better, but my Nordic blood never has adapted well), but for the most part probably run 30-50% more during the warmer months. Steve, we'll miss you around here, but don't kill yourself trying to catch the Bunny. It's not worth it. That 1k mile bunny is still a worthy adversary. He kicked my butt for the first half of last year. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Len

Damn Yankee

at this point i'm gonna have to drop back to the 1000 miles group...or even the 1000 km group...stupid sore knees Dead , stupid me for listening to my body and taking it easy... Big grin
                HTFU Surf, you can do it! You and I are both within range of that stupid ass bunny. Get caught up and then worry bout your knees! We've got 60 acres in NE Texas, and lots of real bunnies. I usually leave them be, but I may end up sniping one before too long.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Too bad, Steve. But smart to listen.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Len

Damn Yankee

I must acquiesce, Steve (Surf). Listen to your body. I had noticed we had similar mileage and were also swamp trolls who were close to the 1500 pace bunny, live and fight another day.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Folks, it's Jan 8. It's a long, long year. Remember the turtle and the hare? Be patient. Persevere. 357 days to go...

Prophet!

the key is to start fast...pile as much mileage as you can in the first part of the year Evil grin

Slow-smooth-fast

The rabbit is already eating my dust!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

pfriese

YIKES, I'm tied for 50th place with the Bunny! Angry I'll leave him in the dust this weekend though. Big grin Paul
                              I'll leave him in the dust this weekend though. Big grin Paul
                              Are you running Disney? Good luck!
                              pfriese

Yup, doing the Goofy Challenge! Paul