1500 Miles So Go Run

August Goals - Let's hear 'em (Read 918 times)

1. Stay healthy as I enter the last 7 weeks of my marathon program

2. Get up to 20 miles on the long run

3. Manage to get 40+ miles per week through a tough travelling month (3 trips - 20 days)

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

I think my goals are now going to be for my leg to be improving and to get some runs in if I can be able to walk without pain (not happening at the moment).  It's been thoroughly miserable the last couple of days, and whatever is up with it keeps moving. Running hasn't made it obviously worse, but it also hasn't made it better.  I've got a cold now too, so am using that to help justify a few days off in the hope my leg will heal up.  Damn stairs, damn awkward falls.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

#artbydmcbride

(((Hoppity)))

Runners run

Hope you get well soon, Sarah!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Thanks.  Still no running, and still a moving and changing pain/discomfort that is continuous when I load my leg when walking.  It actually seems worse for not running, but I'm too scared to run.  Trying to work out if I should leave it, try and run, try and see the sports massage person, a physio or an osteopath. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

• 190 miles
              • lose 8 lbs
              • hill repeats and striders - weekly
              • double 2 days a week

I'm actually cutting my mileage a bit, while adding doubles; it may seem counter intuitive...but I'm working on more quality work this month than quantity, and the double days are actually just a short, easy recovery run to support the workouts

MTA:  Also, if I cut August a bit...I'll turn over 1500 during a half marathon on the 3rd of Sept...I like pulling stunts like that. Smile

I seem to fall apart every August...sigh.  Putting myself on the do not run list for at least a week...I cracked my shin really hard last week on our wooden bench...hasn't hurt to run but it is REALLY tender today...and I just spent a fortune on race registrations and hotels for fall races, and I don't want to eat that money.  Soooo, August is a big time cut back month for me.  Cripes.

Jill_B

I fly.

I think that I need to change my goal.  I have a  horrible head cold and I can't run today... boo.  I've been feeling crappy for a few days and today I feel like an elephant sat on me.  Plus my ear is completely clogged... boo.

So I guess 200 for the month instead.  Sad

Bring it on.

My running seems to have run into a few slumps.   From an mysterious shin/ankle injury, an emotional pause, to this never ending inner ear infection (round two of antibiotics and talk of putting tubes in! - I feel like a toddler!)   But, it's back on the mend, and I have a plan.   It's only looking like 160 for the month though.  AND, I have to lose about 5-6 pounds that I put in recent weeks with vacations and lack of mileage.

Michelle

I seem to fall apart every August...sigh.  Putting myself on the do not run list for at least a week...I cracked my shin really hard last week on our wooden bench...hasn't hurt to run but it is REALLY tender today...and I just spent a fortune on race registrations and hotels for fall races, and I don't want to eat that money.  Soooo, August is a big time cut back month for me.  Cripes.

Well, the day I posted this I figured out it was just the sandals I was/had been wearing that hurt my shin(s)...stopped wearing them, no problems!  I am good and healthy but still not running because I am LAZY.  Can't seem to get moving again!  Swore I would run today but....eh, just going to be lazy today too.  Maybe tomorrow.

Jen,

Glad ya figured out that problem, and it is better.  Now.... go run!!! Big grin

Tomorrow...promise! Smile

Well, the day I posted this I figured out it was just the sandals I was/had been wearing that hurt my shin(s)...stopped wearing them, no problems!  I am good and healthy but still not running because I am LAZY.  Can't seem to get moving again!  Swore I would run today but....eh, just going to be lazy today too.  Maybe tomorrow.

I was chatting to my sports physio during the winter months of this year and he commented that he had an increase in the number of people who had painful achilles tendons in the preceding month. He was puzzled as to why and then, after a little investigation, he found it was because more people were wearing wellington boots to get through the snow and the lack of cushioning/support was causing the problems!

He called it Welly Bootitis.

Hope the mojo comes back soon

Jerry
                          A runners blog-updated daily

So.... I'm not getting my 200 miles this month for various reasons including having to work out of town (11-15 hour work days) and having to take a few days twice for injuries.

No time to get crazy as I am in taper mode for my 50 miler that is in a few weeks.

Someone please tell me not to run.  Shocked

So.... I'm not getting my 200 miles this month for various reasons including having to work out of town (11-15 hour work days) and having to take a few days twice for injuries.

No time to get crazy as I am in taper mode for my 50 miler that is in a few weeks.

Someone please tell me not to run.  Shocked

Oooh when is your 50 miler Cassie, I have a feeling you told me but  lots happen around here? I entered a 50 mile XCR with self-navigation for mid September

Jerry
                              A runners blog-updated daily

Jerry, 

September 10th... but I don't have to navigate. :-)