1500 Miles So Go Run

Consistancy = gains (Read 375 times)

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

There are some folks who are staying very consistant. Good job!

I hear Zoom-Zoom's footsteps.

Keep going everyone!

Find the fun.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I keep trying to catch you, then every time I have a taper or recovery week you slip away.  Damn!  But Q has been slacking.  I am trying to "girl" him.  That would be funny and he would never hear the end of it. 

Buncha machines we are...nice job, peeps!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Nice job Zoom-zoom. You passed me, and with a 16 miler at that.
        Find the fun.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My miles are really going to start to ramp-up now in preparation for my Oct. Marathon.  I am one tired puppy today, though.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

I've been fairly consistent as far as distance, but at the expense of doing any speed work. Also, I don't particularly like doing speed work. Or at least I don't like thinking about doing it. While I'm doing it, it's hard, but fun. So I should do it, but I don't.

Today was my one-mile race. My goal at the beginning of the year was six minutes. My grown-up pr was 6:49, set last year. Today I did 6:51, which I'm pretty happy about since I did so little prep for it. There's always next year.

MTA: Those bastards clocked me at 6:52.

I've been fairly consistent as far as distance, but at the expense of doing any speed work. Also, I don't particularly like doing speed work. Or at least I don't like thinking about doing it. While I'm doing it, it's hard, but fun. So I should do it, but I don't.

Today was my one-mile race. My goal at the beginning of the year was six minutes. My grown-up pr was 6:49, set last year. Today I did 6:51, which I'm pretty happy about since I did so little prep for it. There's always next year.

I hear ya...I'm putting in the mileage but not really into pushing the speedwork.  I'll back off in a few weeks and start adding more deliberate pace workouts.  I just enjoy running...long and far.

Nice job on the race today!  I ran the last mile of a recent 10k at a 6:XX (can't remember but it was the only sub 7 mile I ran) but that's only because it was a CRAZY downhill and I had no choice, LOL.

Jennifer mm#1231

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Zoom good luck on the Oct. marathon.

Well done Gig. I bet the speed work compliments the martial arts training and visa versa.

Lifesabeach talk about consistancy your log looks great and your about the hit 1500... way to go!

Find the fun.