1500 Miles So Go Run

January Goal? (Read 105 times)

So... since it seems no one wanted to talk about 2013 goals....

Let's keep it simple.  Anyone have any goals for January?  Already 13 days into it.

I hope to run 170 this month, and I'm on track at this point. No injuries so far!  Woohoo!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I am vaguely on target for about 200 miles but I am not chasing that as I have a Fell race in Wales, UK next weekend which whilst only being about 14 miles is over a humungous mountain in the snow (hopefully) much more fun.

Then it is about building the mileage for a 45 mile trail ultra in February

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

jeffdonahue

Still healing up so I'm looking to do 150 miles hopefully.

Some sort of strength and core training every day.

Take my cholestorol pill every day (I am really bad at remembering to do this)

Get in one speed session without pain by the end of the month.

How did I do?

• FAILED - Just over 125 miles this month with some knee pain the last week that killed my goal
        • MISSED - not calling this a fail because i did something most days.  I had a 5 day period where work got crazy and I missed, but other than that I did something every day
        • MISSED - not complete fail either because i was definitely better at taking my pills
        • FAILED - not even goingt o attempt it today or tomorrow since I still have some knee pain (I'll put it on next month's list though)

All in all I didnt do that great this month, but hey, I can only get better from here.  Cool

npaden

I should end the month with my most miles ever by about 30 miles or so.  My current best is 151.6 back in October and I should end up around 185 if I don't miss any workouts the rest of the way.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

jdmcgregor

All business

My goal is to get 150 in this month.  I'd rather run in the cold than in the heat, so I have to bank some miles for when summer comes around.

Also aiming to keep up with the sit-up/push-up regimen I've got going.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

So... since it seems no one wanted to talk about 2013 goals....

Let's keep it simple.  Anyone have any goals for January?  Already 13 days into it.

I hope to run 170 this month, and I'm on track at this point. No injuries so far!  Woohoo!

Come Cassie, your cards are close to the table.....what are your plans this year? Got any good races plans?Cool

Jerry

Come Cassie, your cards are close to the table.....what are your plans this year? Got any good races plans?Cool

A few if all goes well.  Road 50K in Ohio early March. Trail 50K in Oregon late March. 50 miler in Wisconsin in May.  That's as far out as I'm looking at the moment. :-)

flarunner

172 miles for the month is the goal. So far I'm on track.

I am vaguely on target for about 200 miles but I am not chasing that as I have a Fell race in Wales, UK next weekend which whilst only being about 14 miles is over a humungous mountain in the snow (hopefully) much more fun.

Then it is about building the mileage for a 45 mile trail ultra in February

The snow came and stayed so I was unable to get to the mountain race as typically the British roads were undriveable....so decided to run a 30 mile race (as you do) which was cancelled. Three of us decided to run it anyway.......and we came =1st Place....we're happy with that:

Winter Tanners 30 - Not a Race Report

Jerry

I totally killed this goal.  First month over 200 miles in a long while. My hip hurts a little after yesterday's run, but it isn't anything that some stretching won't fix.  Woohoo!

npaden

Made my January goal!

Ended up with 190.8 miles for January which is a record for me by almost 40 miles!  (My previous high mileage month was October 2012 with 151.6 miles logged).

Current streak is also my longest by 9 days with 29 straight days averaging 6.6 miles per day!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Ended up with 190.8 miles for January which is a record for me by almost 40 miles!  

Awesome!  Congrats on the monthly mileage PR.   40 is HUGE!